Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Controller Mod to Hold My Phone

Dave Skowron

Join
Feb 5, 2018
Apologies if this has been posted before. I'm new here and didn't read every thread so . . .

My phone (LG Stylo 2) wears a rugged armored case that is necessary due to the fact that I destroy phones on a regular basis without them. I'm just not that careful with them. Whatever. But, my Spark controller couldn't hold this phone because the phone in it's case is too thick. I'm not going to remove and replace the case every time I want to fly my drone so I did a little mod on the controller's arms. I just removed one of the little rubber "grabbers" inside the arms and the phone now fits perfectly.

Remove these three little screws and the little "grabbers" slide out of the ends of the arms. I initially removed both from each arm, but then realized I could use one on each side. Works like a charm. Using a tiny little Torx driver, remove these three screws and slide the "grabbers" up and out. I'd show a pic of the controller with the phone mounted but my phone is my camera so I can't.

0206180820.jpg

There are items that you can buy on amazon that work very well that can hold most any size or thickens for either a phone or tablet.
You did do a good job and did not cost you much.

There are items that you can buy on amazon that work very well that can hold most any size or thickens for either a phone or tablet.
You did do a good job and did not cost you much.
Yeah I know. I have one on order. This was free though. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme