Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Defective battery charger?

turbodronepilot

Join
May 30, 2017
Loc
Fresno
Hey there spark pilots.
just got my spark and when I plugged in the charger and connected the batteries nothing happened..
Am I the only person who has this issue?
Is there something I'm overlooking?
turb..

I had to begin charging both of my batteries independently (not at the same time) to get them to activate and "wake up" from hibernation. It took about 10-20 seconds on the charger before the lights started blinking. I might have pressed the button a few times. Once they were activated, they charge normally on the charger now.

I had to begin charging both of my batteries independently (not at the same time) to get them to activate and "wake up" from hibernation. It took about 10-20 seconds on the charger before the lights started blinking. I might have pressed the button a few times. Once they were activated, they charge normally on the charger now.
thanks for responding...
did your remote start to charge when you plugged it in?
mine didnt..

Yeah, but I've been using an old phone charger to charge my remote. You can also use a micro-USB charger to charge your batteries directly in the spark while they're replacing your charger.
thank you very much!
I didn't think of that..
I should probably get some sleep..i work nights and had to be home to sign for the package..

Yeah, but I've been using an old phone charger to charge my remote. You can also use a micro-USB charger to charge your batteries directly in the spark while they're replacing your charger.
Just probably you can have different charge duration depending how powerful is your USB charger block. The one with the basic spark can deliver more power (3A at 5V) than an average one for phone charging (~1A at 5V). But it will charge it, just slowly.

hey man, yeah the charging hub is like 4amp output , and batteries are in safe mode or smoething when shipped... you can even turn the batteries on before the go anywhere, I had to for one of them press the button and then press and hold and battery made a noise... like it woke up , and then on charger was algooda , from there havent had an issue,

the other batt just worked right on the charge hub

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67