Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Distance Limit incorrect

Brewer

Join
Jul 8, 2017
Hey folks .. this is probably something easy, but here goes.

I was flying on my third battery, RC with OTG cable. Software wouldn't let me go to a distance past 156ft. Message came up that I was at distance limit but I could adjust in software.

I checked and I had the distance set at 8000. I reduced it to 5000 and saved, but again it held me at precisely 156ft. I tried in and out of Sport Mode. (The reason I mentioned I was on my third battery is I'm certain I was able to go further on one of the other two. I didn't pay attention to how far, but I wasn't doing distance tests so didn't think it was important.)

Anybody have any ideas?

Something is not right. Double check all your settings. How far can you fly with mobile device not RC?

Reactions: His415
Hey folks .. this is probably something easy, but here goes.

I was flying on my third battery, RC with OTG cable. Software wouldn't let me go to a distance past 156ft. Message came up that I was at distance limit but I could adjust in software.

I checked and I had the distance set at 8000. I reduced it to 5000 and saved, but again it held me at precisely 156ft. I tried in and out of Sport Mode. (The reason I mentioned I was on my third battery is I'm certain I was able to go further on one of the other two. I didn't pay attention to how far, but I wasn't doing distance tests so didn't think it was important.)

Anybody have any ideas?
Did it gives some message?
It will tell you if it stop because of a distance limit, being in beginner mode, reach a no fly zone or loosing the signal, ... Can be also a bug, espacially currently on the android version.
You can use https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and upload your flight record (.TXT file from GO4 app) or you can use the "Flight record" function of GO4 app and check if there was any messages.

Thanks all ... I checked for warnings and there were none. The message box came up when I hit 156ft and said Distance limit reached, you must go to settings to change this ... (paraphrasing). Like I said, I went in and I had set the limit at 8000, then changed it down to 5000. neither had an effect.

I flew again today and turned off the distance limit and had no problems taking it out a half mile. so it might be a bug in the android Go4 app. Still learning this thing, so I'm happy if someone tells me its me.

At least for now I have a workaround.

Reactions: Qrandle
I got the same bug yesterday on Android device. It was not my mistake as my flight went well today without changing any setting and flying at the exact same place as yesterday. I'm waiting for a iOS device now. Android is just a pain on DJI Go 4 and nobody seems to complain on IOS.

I just had this problem out of the blue with my iPhone 7 Plus. Had been flying at 393 feet and had taken it out to 1000 feet...charged the batteries and boom - limits kicked in (with the parameters set otherwise in the controller). Firmware is up to date, etc. trying charging the batteries and restarting my phone, but hoping this is just a fluke.

I just had this problem out of the blue with my iPhone 7 Plus. Had been flying at 393 feet and had taken it out to 1000 feet...charged the batteries and boom - limits kicked in (with the parameters set otherwise in the controller). Firmware is up to date, etc. trying charging the batteries and restarting my phone, but hoping this is just a fluke.
Seems some others have same issue. They indicate that if the app is really closed and restarted it solved the issue. This seems related to login to DJI server. Some other said that they logged out of DJI server and logged again to clear the issue. Could be related to the Geo-fencing system where there is a limit set if the Spark think he didn't get the Geo-fencing info, like if you try to use only the RC and the Spark, without the Go4 app.
So rebooting your phone could help. If not, you can try to reinstall the Go4 app after deleting its data (be sure to update to DJI cloud your flight records if you want to keep them).

Thank you for that info! I did restart the app and charged my batteries and the next flight all was well. Took it to 400 feet and out to 1000 feet. Still a newbie and a bit apprehensive to go out further than 1000 feet, although the RTH feature eases some of the tension!

Yes, it is better to still being a little under tension during each flight, that's a good sign that prevent many errors.
Many unexpected things can happen and even if RTH is working usually good, it can still fail if parameters are not correctly set before flight.

Reactions: sparkpod
I had similar when taking off with no GPS but acquiring it after take-off. I had hard height and distance limits unaffected by changing the limits in the Go4 app while the quad was flying. I had to land, turn off the app and restart it, but only when taking off with GPS already acquired. Probably not the same thing, but similar...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex