Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DIY Goggles

Yokede

Join
Dec 14, 2018
This only works if you are near sighted like me.
I purchased cheap VR goggles in the $5.00 to $10 dollar range. Removed the lenses and added 7.5 inches to the length with cardboard and cut a 6 inch by 2 inch
slot just in front of the phone so that I can touch the screen, covered the cardboard with vinyl. I'm telling you it is like being in the aircraft when I fly. I always use a spotter. I tried CAVU
with the lenses still in the goggles but my 70 year old eyes didn't care for it.
This wont work for everyone as some people can not focus with the phone that close. I remove my glasses and wear the goggles. Another great thing bright sun does not bother the phone as it is in the shade.
Don't flame me for being cheap. I just wanted to mention this before you spend a lot on goggles.

Fly Safe
Don

Don, we need a photo! I love cheap!

Don, we need a photo! I love cheap!
Not 100% sure but the description reminds me of the Google Cardboard. I had purchased one and used to watch YouTube with it. It gave a theater kind of effect. It was not very comfortable though and I had pain in my eyes if I used it often. But I am not sure how one would use it with the Spark. Does the Go4 app have a VR mode?
diy-google-cardboard-vr-3d-glasses-android-ios-iphone-samsung-htc-l-1607-30-limgrouptrading@7.jpg

I'm at the house now, in the morning I will be in the shop and will post some pictures. You guys laugh and i will erase the entire thread. Insert smiley face. I made another set for a friend and he loves them that is the only way to fly on a sunny day unless you have a VERY bright phone. Yes it is allot like the cardboard photo above except take the lenses out and make them about 8 inches deeper.Cut a hole in the bottom just in front of your phone so you can reach in and touch the screen. You can buy a factory made pair at Dunhams sporting goods for about $5.00 and modify them or $20.OO on Amazon.
Don

Wireless Expres VR2GO Goggles - Dunhams Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: McCloudSpark
I'm at the house now, in the morning I will be in the shop and will post some pictures. You guys laugh and i will erase the entire thread. Insert smiley face. I made another set for a friend and he loves them that is the only way to fly on a sunny day unless you have a VERY bright phone. Yes it is allot like the cardboard photo above except take the lenses out and make them about 8 inches deeper.Cut a hole in the bottom just in front of your phone so you can reach in and touch the screen. You can buy a factory made pair at Dunhams sporting goods for about $5.00 and modify them or $20.OO on Amazon.
Don

Wireless Expres VR2GO Goggles - Dunhams Sports
AND now only $1.47 at Dunhams!

Ok here are the pictures, these are the goggles I am using they were my first try and don't look all that good but they work great. I made a better looking pair on my 2nd try but my friend has them.
Remember to remove the lenses.
bottom[1].jpgoutside[1].jpg4.jpg

I use Homido VR Goggles! The best I've ever used. I too have vision problems. They are fully adjustable for eye spacing,and focus. They work well with my 70 year old eyes.I paid 20.00 for them shipping included. Best money I ever spent! IMG_3596.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfnut
You are missing the point. Taking the lenses out you are looking right at the phone. Plus you cant touch the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balding
You are missing the point. Taking the lenses out you are looking right at the phone. Plus you cant touch the screen.
Why would you want to remove the lenses? That is how you bring them into focus,for your eyes? Unless you are flying in Regular mode? But even then my eyes are bad enough I wouldn't be able to see it clearly.

Are you guy's using the regular app,or Litchi? If I try to use my regular app,DJI or Litchi I would have to have a set over three feet long to bring the screen into focus! Using the Litchi app you can use "real" FPV vision (two screens) and it's a really realistic view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme