Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 just crashes on startup on Android 8.1 DP1

Join
Jul 29, 2017
Loc
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi, I have a Nexus 6p and installed the Android 8.1 beta. Every single app works just fine except DJI Go 4. version 4.10 was crashing so I got the APK with version 4.14 hoping it would solve the problem but the exact same thing happens.

The weird thing is that as soon as it's installed even though I get the error the app runs fine. But then it systematically crashes on the 2nd, 3rd etc run. If I uninstall and reinstall, it will run again on the first run and always crash on following attempts.

Anybody had similar problems? I can't think of any workarounds except to wait for DJI to make a compatible version with Android 8.1

According to this article ( Android 8.1 Oreo: New features, release date and how to download today ) only the developer preview has been released and the "first stable build of version 8.1 will go live in December". So based on this, I would say use Go 4 app at your own risk for a developer preview release of 8.1. I suspect DJI won't send the GO 4 app for testing under 8.1 until the final build has been released.

Hi Pappy,

I absolutely agree with you and thanks for your comment. I guess I was spoiled before when using the beta of Android 8.0 for almost 3 months and never had problems with DJI Go 4. What I find weird is that I have over 100 apps on my phone and DJI is the only one crashing. Guess I'll have to wait til december. Downgrading is a major headache...

Downgrading is not as much of a headache as you might think. Make sure you do a backup with your Google account. Then opt-out of the beta program and Google will send you a OTA within minutes. After that set up your phone with the backup. The process lasts about an hour.
It's worth it to fly without worrying about app crashes.
Hope this helps.
Hi Pappy,

I absolutely agree with you and thanks for your comment. I guess I was spoiled before when using the beta of Android 8.0 for almost 3 months and never had problems with DJI Go 4. What I find weird is that I have over 100 apps on my phone and DJI is the only one crashing. Guess I'll have to wait til december. Downgrading is a major headache...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe