Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Hopefully some useful information for people nervous about this app.

Thought I'd brave the cold here in Blighty (UK)! Weather conditions were not great, fairly windy, very overcast and 'spitting' on at rain, 2°C.

Tested the LTE version with my Sparkie and my Galaxy S7 (Rooted 7.1 android).

Worked without any flaws,
Maps working,
Auto home point working Precision landing working
All mavic flight modes working (Not ideal location for terrain mapping but went over a small collection of weeds)
Normal quickshot modes all working
Return to home and auto land working
OTG and WIFI working
Sport mode working

Didn't test for distance due to weather and safety reasons.

I did get a audible message saying ATTI mode when I was about 500ft away, No problem manually flying it back towards me but a little wind drift at first (already know how to fly without GPS).
I didn't look at screen whilst manually flying back to me, but when it got close enough I noticed the LEDs were green and the screen showed it had GPS signal again. I think this was more to do with the weather than the app to be honest.

Hope that helps some of you out, best advice is don't be too worried about apps, just be sensible when flying and always alert. As it's probs been said to death in the forum, get used to flying without all the GPS aids etc, then if there is an issue, you know how to get back without freaking out.

A little question for the OP ref the MOD app, Am I right in thinking it's an overlay that can run over the official GO4 app and allow FCC and mavic modes?

Thanks
Great report! Glad to hear the modes are working for you and that it was able to come back safe.

So some information about the MOD 2.0 and LITE versions:

The LITE version is a stock 4.1.15 app from DJI ran through Bin4ry and collaborators patching app; deejayeye. You can find the GitHub link to the patches in the credits tab in the first post. This allows the FCC mod, etc.

After the LITE version is completed I take it and run it through App Cloner, a $4 Android app that repackages the app with a new internal system name known as a package name to allow you to install side by side the LITE or Official app. This in turn breaks here and offline maps though. What you do gain is the automation tweaks, small optimizations, imei and serial randomization and a new coat of paint for the icon and status / nav bars.

Nothing I'm doing here is in any way real development as I'm compiling different people's work and adding my touches to deliver the experience that I would want as a flyer. I know just enough to create this mod, but not enough yet to develope my own patches. I'm digging into the GitHub to learn as much as I can so I can start working on additional features / Android app hacking in general, but believe me when I say, the patch developers and App Cloner developer are insanely talented and have this stuff down.

Hope this helps clear up anything! It's not an average, just code injected or removed to provide the additional features.

Great report! Glad to hear the modes are working for you and that it was able to come back safe.

So some information about the MOD 2.0 and LITE versions:

The LITE version is a stock 4.1.15 app from DJI ran through Bin4ry and collaborators patching app; deejayeye. You can find the GitHub link to the patches in the credits tab in the first post. This allows the FCC mod, etc.

After the LITE version is completed I take it and run it through App Cloner, a $4 Android app that repackages the app with a new internal system name known as a package name to allow you to install side by side the LITE or Official app. This in turn breaks here and offline maps though. What you do gain is the automation tweaks, small optimizations, imei and serial randomization and a new coat of paint for the icon and status / nav bars.

Nothing I'm doing here is in any way real development as I'm compiling different people's work and adding my touches to deliver the experience that I would want as a flyer. I know just enough to create this mod, but not enough yet to develope my own patches. I'm digging into the GitHub to learn as much as I can so I can start working on additional features / Android app hacking in general, but believe me when I say, the patch developers and App Cloner developer are insanely talented and have this stuff down.

Hope this helps clear up anything! It's not an average, just code injected or removed to provide the additional features.
Understand now!

Thanks for your efforts!

Reactions: dubt
As it's probs been said to death in the forum, get used to flying without all the GPS aids etc, then if there is an issue, you know how to get back without freaking out.

Very good point. I'm a new flyer and also bought a much cheaper non GPS quad that I plan on flying to get at least a moderate skill level at flying without GPS. This way I won't crash the Spark will practicing manual flying.

Dave

im back from flying to test 1000meters ++ , 3300feets on lite. please don't worry about 300meters. u must have set your home point. thank you dubt very much for your awesome work.

Reactions: Jacob and dubt
It's a Sony Xperia Z5
Android version 7.1.1
Build number 32.4.A.1.54

I will try the Solid Explorer

Thanks,
Dave

Hey,
My install worked perfectly but I always do following steps:
1. Go into your phones file explorer and locate all the official folders from "d J i" (if you have stuff you need like vids or pics move them) and delete all of them.
2. I would also try to shut down all other running app and services that are in the background. (Twtr, F B and their POS messenger Just clean up the phone a bit)
3. I would also try a clean and fresh device, dont mean new just something thats not bloated with all the crap.
4. I would reset my device to factory (i do this once or twice a year anyway)

I think its like dubt said, there is something thats gobbling up your resources and bugging down your phone.

Ladies and Gentlemen, has anyone tried the smart modes? Particularly follow me mode? Someone brought up a good point that, that feature only works with GPS remote, and its obviously much different from active track, any feedback is much appreciated.

Reactions: armando58
Hey I remembered I still have a 2 year old Samsung Note that I don't use because the cell transmitter stopped working but everything else works. So I loaded the app mod onto this phone and it installed OK.
I will try linking it to the RC tomorrow.

Please just confirm that JDI will not know I'm using it if I logged on with my JDI credentials, which I did.

Thanks again.

This Mod allows fake login, so put the device in the airplane mode and use some fake info (Ex. abc for user and abc for pass)

Ladies and Gentlemen, has anyone tried the smart modes? Particularly follow me mode? Someone brought up a good point that, that feature only works with GPS remote, and its obviously much different from active track, any feedback is much appreciated.
I've noticed talk of this too. I believe it might use the phone or tablets gps in out case. I can test this more in a couple of days.

I tested it in August and it seemed to work ok so it had to be using the GPS of my phone.

So just to make sure, Follow me works even without a direct line of sight? So definitely not active track?

No I mean I can't get the official app from DJI on the play store. The S7 is no longer supported and their tech support was no help. I appreciate having this option, thank you.
Weird. I have a Verizon s7 (non edge) with the official app installed, and I can see the app in the (US) play store. Didn't try to uninstall and reinstall, but if I access the play store via browser, it tells me that the app is compatible with all my devices. So I see no incompatibility whatsoever...

I just read thar mavic remote doesn't have a gps built in, so its the phone gps coordinates that are relayed.

I will test as soon as mine is back with me. There is a perfect street right by me that has 's and pretty covered with foliage. Shoot, now i cant wait, even more excited

Reactions: Vilco and dubt
Follow Me mode uses RSSI to follow the remote control, however in order for Follow Me mode to be fully operational it also needs GPS so that RTH brings the drone back to the remote control rather than the initial home-point from where you had started your flight.

If your tablet or phone GPS is not able to steadily track you while driving a vehicle, using Waze or another Navigation App, I would strongly advise against using that device for Follow Me mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: dubt and Jacob
Follow Me mode uses RSSI to follow the remote control, however in order for Follow Me mode to be fully operational it also needs GPS so that RTH brings the drone back to the remote control rather than the initial home-point from where you had started your flight.

If your tablet or phone GPS is not able to steadily track you while driving a vehicle, using Waze or another Navigation App, I would strongly advise against using that device for Follow Me mode.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Now for my better understanding, whats RSSI.

Anyone know about why they dropped the Galaxy S7 from their official app as a compatible device?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180109-081710.png
    Screenshot_20180109-081710.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20180109-081742.png
    Screenshot_20180109-081742.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 72

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members