Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Wich country is your PlayStore? As I said, it works for me (BTW, does the modded app work for you?)
I downloaded the official apk from a 3rd party site and it works fine. I installed this modded and it works fine. I have the US play store on T-Mobile and it says it's incompatible, it only shows up if I search from Google. If I search from inside of the play store it doesn't even show up. I contacted support and they told me to get an iPhone.

Reactions: dubt
I downloaded the official apk from a 3rd party site and it works fine. I installed this modded and it works fine. I have the US play store on T-Mobile and it says it's incompatible, it only shows up if I search from Google. If I search from inside of the play store it doesn't even show up. I contacted support and they told me to get an iPhone.
Sorry, no idea of what is going on for you, but I'm stunned by their answer.

I wonder for how long DJI will maintain the technological advantage that is allowing them to treat customers so badly, and still sell drones...

Sorry, no idea of what is going on for you, but I'm stunned by their answer.

I wonder for how long DJI will maintain the technological advantage that is allowing them to treat customers so badly, and still sell drones...
I wasn't stunned because on several drone forums I've seen more than a few people mention terrible experiences with support. They wouldn't give me a straight answer, but I did some research and I guess back in the spring and update was causing Android users disconnect issues mid flight.

Hopefully some useful information for people nervous about this app.

Thought I'd brave the cold here in Blighty (UK)! Weather conditions were not great, fairly windy, very overcast and 'spitting' on at rain, 2°C.

Tested the LTE version with my Sparkie and my Galaxy S7 (Rooted 7.1 android).

Worked without any flaws,
Maps working,
Auto home point working Precision landing working
All mavic flight modes working (Not ideal location for terrain mapping but went over a small collection of weeds)
Normal quickshot modes all working
Return to home and auto land working
OTG and WIFI working
Sport mode working

Didn't test for distance due to weather and safety reasons.

I did get a audible message saying ATTI mode when I was about 500ft away, No problem manually flying it back towards me but a little wind drift at first (already know how to fly without GPS).
I didn't look at screen whilst manually flying back to me, but when it got close enough I noticed the LEDs were green and the screen showed it had GPS signal again. I think this was more to do with the weather than the app to be honest.

Hope that helps some of you out, best advice is don't be too worried about apps, just be sensible when flying and always alert. As it's probs been said to death in the forum, get used to flying without all the GPS aids etc, then if there is an issue, you know how to get back without freaking out.

A little question for the OP ref the MOD app, Am I right in thinking it's an overlay that can run over the official GO4 app and allow FCC and mavic modes?

Thanks

Thanks a lot, definitely helps to know.

I wasn't stunned because on several drone forums I've seen more than a few people mention terrible experiences with support. They wouldn't give me a straight answer, but I did some research and I guess back in the spring and update was causing Android users disconnect issues mid flight.

Yeah terrible, but then it is China.

This is super awesome. Thank you for all the time and effort in gathering and collecting all information regarding this mod. OTG is strong and works fine on my Samsung S7 running Android 7. 3 batteries in so far. All intelligent flight mode works too. Haven't tried way points yet. Huge learning curve with all these newly enabled modes!
I'm actually running Samsung S7 edge. (didn't realize there was a non-edge version)

I've noticed talk of this too. I believe it might use the phone or tablets gps in out case. I can test this more in a couple of days.
I tried it, app said it has strong gps signal but when you hit start it sais no gps found. This was tried with a nexus 7 tablet. Any feedback would be great.

I tried it, app said it has strong gps signal but when you hit start it sais no gps found. This was tried with a nexus 7 tablet. Any feedback would be great.

With a Nexus 7 you might try to run an App called ActiveGPS. This keeps the GPS active and turned on for apps utilizing the GPS. I have to run this App in order to run Mission Planner and Droid Planner for my other drones with a Nexus 7.

With a Nexus 7 you might try to run an App called ActiveGPS. This keeps the GPS active and turned on for apps utilizing the GPS. I have to run this App in order to run Mission Planner and Droid Planner for my other drones with a Nexus 7.
Ok great thanx, will give it a try

Reactions: Jacob
I know, but it's not cheap though. It's expected when you buy something cheap lol.

I am not sure if you are a man or a woman, so dont take this the wrong way...

BROTHER, YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR. Trust me if I didnt like these drones I would with greatest pleasure do what I did with my first shitty apple product and move on to something better. Unfortunately there is nothing better at the moment, not even close, thus we are here appreciating the great work this gent and all these guys are doing.
So again to all the guys and gals who r busy tweaking and moding these things and and most importantly to our current host dubt THANK YOU!

I am not sure if you are a man or a woman, so dont take this the wrong way...

BROTHER, YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR. Trust me if I didnt like these drones I would with greatest pleasure do what I did with my first shitty apple product and move on to something better. Unfortunately there is nothing better at the moment, not even close, thus we are here appreciating the great work this gent and all these guys are doing.
So again to all the guys and gals who r busy tweaking and moding these things and and most importantly to our current host dubt THANK YOU!

Agree. JDI makes great drones but I don't understand how a company like this can have so many problems trying get their software to work as advertised. Is it incompetence or are they trying to do too much all at once.
My son is a software engineer in San Francisco and I know if he produced software this buggy he wouldn't be employed for very long.
Seems app modders have their heads wrapped around the software more than JDI.

Dave

What's the concensious on getting it to work all the time turn on/connect process? Works great for me. But only about 80%. Android pixel XL here

1st flight today on the modded app. It works flawlessly. All intelligent flight modes worked for me. The only 1 I didn't try was waypoints because I didn't have an open space to try it with. Flew 2 batteries on it and it was AWESOME!!!

I have both the official and the modded app on my phone. Logged in with my regular email. When I synced the flight records, the showed up in both apps.

Just wanted to toss that out there.

What's the issue? Your pixel isn't auto connecting?
Nope. Sometimes I see the connect. Sometimes nothing and it expects me to connect via wifi. Which is off. The last time it prompted I selected always for the dji mod. Do/should I remove the no mod dji app?

Nope. Sometimes I see the connect. Sometimes nothing and it expects me to connect via wifi. Which is off. The last time it prompted I selected always for the dji mod. Do/should I remove the no mod dji app?
Removing the official app shouldn't change much.

I'm guessing you're running Oreo? I have a pixel 2 xl and this mod for sure works better on any older or even just cheap phone running marshmallow to nougat.

Wifi on the pixel sometimes turns on on certain locations, or doesn't want to connect because there's no internet.

Someone on this forum posted a root only fox that gets rid of this check, but it's super late and I'm headed to bed. Will post tomorrow when I'm up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena