Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Did anyone try the follow me feature? as far as I understand that requires the remote to have gps (contrary to the active tracking) in order to transmit its current position, so it's not just software as other features may be. I'm going to test it as soon as I can. That would be a game changer for me, as the active tracking fails quite a lot when they're trees around occasionally covering the subject.

I was just able to download the official DJI Go 4 App on a Samsung Galaxy S7 non rooted phone in the USA from Google Play.

Removing the official app shouldn't change much.

I'm guessing you're running Oreo? I have a pixel 2 xl and this mod for sure works better on any older or even just cheap phone running marshmallow to nougat.

Wifi on the pixel sometimes turns on on certain locations, or doesn't want to connect because there's no internet.

Someone on this forum posted a root only fox that gets rid of this check, but it's super late and I'm headed to bed. Will post tomorrow when I'm up
But. I'm not using WiFi with otg. But I'll try it

OTG option using the full mod not the lite version on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge causes the phone battery to charge. The App is functional to controller and drone but always wants to charge the battery. I cannot change the options in the developer mode settings it defaults to charging over usb. This is a non rooted phone.

OTG option using the full mod not the lite version on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge causes the phone battery to charge. The App is functional to controller and drone but always wants to charge the battery. I cannot change the options in the developer mode settings it defaults to charging over usb. This is a non rooted phone.
On Sony Z3 its says the same but it actually doesn't charge at all. But everything works very well, so no problem. I would like it to charge my phone but unfortunately it ain't

Reactions: dubt
Im using huawei nova 2i
With OTG my image transmission go blank..
I tried other otg cable.. and all the same

Using mod app(the red one)
Firmware spark .0900

Anyone can help?

yohanseng . please state your processor speed. os on which type. so have you tried the wifi (working or not?) , you can uninstall n try dji official one. Does it work?

With a Nexus 7 you might try to run an App called ActiveGPS. This keeps the GPS active and turned on for apps utilizing the GPS. I have to run this App in order to run Mission Planner and Droid Planner for my other drones with a Nexus 7.
I tried it still didn't get gps to respond, switched to S8 active and it responded but only tracked when I was going towards the drone, couldn't get it to follow going away. Any thoughts?
I am not sure if you are a man or a woman, so dont take this the wrong way...

BROTHER, YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR. Trust me if I didnt like these drones I would with greatest pleasure do what I did with my first shitty apple product and move on to something better. Unfortunately there is nothing better at the moment, not even close, thus we are here appreciating the great work this gent and all these guys are doing.
So again to all the guys and gals who r busy tweaking and moding these things and and most importantly to our current host dubt THANK YOU!

Follow Me mode uses RSSI to follow the remote control, however in order for Follow Me mode to be fully operational it also needs GPS so that RTH brings the drone back to the remote control rather than the initial home-point from where you had started your flight.

If your tablet or phone GPS is not able to steadily track you while driving a vehicle, using Waze or another Navigation App, I would strongly advise against using that device for Follow Me mode.

Where did you get the information about RSSI being used for Follow Me? I'm curious and a bit doubtful (sorry). I can see a number of issues using RSSI to follow the remote, among which (a) it provides direction information only if you move around and check in which direction the signal is increasing and (b) the strength can vary noticeably based on relative orientation of the antennas, thus providing the impression that the distance has changed. It seems to me that GPS is essential* for Follow Me, which in turn would make any signal strength information completely useless... what am I missing?

*there are certainly other ways of locating a transmitter without using GPS (case in point the ARTVA devices for avalance resque), but I don't think these are applicable in this discussion

yohanseng . please state your processor speed. os on which type. so have you tried the wifi (working or not?) , you can uninstall n try dji official one. Does it work?
My processor HiSilicon Kirin 659
Octa-core (Quad core 2.4 GHz + Quad-core 1.7 GHz) Cortex-A53

Im using android 7.0

The wifi working normal no problem at all

I tried official one for the first time its normal with the newest version at playstore

Any idea?

Also love the fact my screen autos to full brightness and Do Not Disturb activates on opening Mod App. Thank you Dubt, your the shitz!

Reactions: Jacob
Where did you get the information about RSSI being used for Follow Me? I'm curious and a bit doubtful (sorry). I can see a number of issues using RSSI to follow the remote, among which (a) it provides direction information only if you move around and check in which direction the signal is increasing and (b) the strength can vary noticeably based on relative orientation of the antennas, thus providing the impression that the distance has changed. It seems to me that GPS is essential* for Follow Me, which in turn would make any signal strength information completely useless... what am I missing?

*there are certainly other ways of locating a transmitter without using GPS (case in point the ARTVA devices for avalance resque), but I don't think these are applicable in this discussion
Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar