Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Yes, gestures all work no problem. Active track also works from the app. Pretty much all the features of the intelligent flights work flawlessly the only intelligent mode that is not working for me is GPS based follow me mode. The Waypoints mode is awesome.
Following, did the same with me, but when I moved towards the drone it moved back, but won't follow.

Following, did the same with me, but when I moved towards the drone it moved back, but won't follow.

Yeah man, I read your post and saw the video you posted. Mine doesn't react at all, not to me and not from me.

I took my Spark out today for a fly and used this modded app with OTG- everything worked perfectly, really solid! In fact, it was better than the standard app. I almost had a compass error flyaway and had to bring my drone in on the standard app and wifi flight. I've not tried out the mavic modes yet, but I did use tapfly and quickshots successfully.

Agree with you 100 and 10 %. I am only a little surprised that you had a fly away problem. Did you check your compass status afterwards?

Yeah man, I read your post and saw the video you posted. Mine doesn't react at all, not to me and not from me.
Mmm ok, that's one I really want, lots to of trees in a Panama... Active track won't track what it can't see. Hope it's solved soon.

Mmm ok, that's one I really want, lots to of trees in a Panama... Active track won't track what it can't see. Hope it's solved soon.

Well, thats why I was trying to find out what's the tech behind it. Why mavic can and spark can't. Waypoints mission works great, it mimicked my every move including f.ckups (like wrong turns and all).

Reactions: armando58
Well, thats why I was trying to find out what's the tech behind it. Why mavic can and spark can't. Waypoints mission works great, it mimicked my every move including f.ckups (like wrong turns and all).
Lol, haven't used waypoints yet, I'll try it tomorrow.. Maybe the mod is missing something, hope we're not missing hardware or software on the spark.

Removing the official app shouldn't change much.

I'm guessing you're running Oreo? I have a pixel 2 xl and this mod for sure works better on any older or even just cheap phone running marshmallow to nougat.

Wifi on the pixel sometimes turns on on certain locations, or doesn't want to connect because there's no internet.

Someone on this forum posted a root only fox that gets rid of this check, but it's super late and I'm headed to bed. Will post tomorrow when I'm up
I have a pixel 2 xl and I can't connect to my drone unless I confirm that I want to stay connected to the wifi even though there's no internet. That little dialog box pops up and I have to click it while in the app.

As per giac's post above - DJI's follow me does not rely in any way in received signal strength. It cant. With an omni directional dipole there is no way of determining the EIRP fall off in order to computate a 'follow me' mode.
DJI simply uses GPS/Glonass positional data of the connected device (tablet) which it cross references with the aircraft's data. It is then a simple matter of working out the vectors the remote/tablet/phone is moving and sending the corresponding attitude and control data to the aircrafts flight controller to make the necessary adjustments.

Ok, I guess I must have been hallucinating, however I know that I had flown my Mavic in Follow Me mode and had it perfectly following me around from an I-pad that doesn't have GPS. And even weeks later I used the same I-pad were both my friend and I was flying our Mavic's 100+ miles offshore using the Follow Me mode to chase his boat around.

I witnessed exactly the same thing as this guy did from the Mavic pilots forum. Follow Me mode debate - controller or device GPS??

You can beat this into the ground with all kinds of speculations and theories, however I know what I saw, which was the very thing that got me myself wondering and digging into my controller trying to understand how Follow Me was working without GPS on the controller or smart device.

Last edited:
Good afternoon!
For flights I use the device LeEco Le 2 х527 3/32 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 652, android 6.0)
The first time you run MOD 2.0, a program error is displayed and the application is closed. In this case, MOD 1.1.1 works fine.
What can I do to start MOD 2.0?

Reactions: Edikfly
Agree with you 100 and 10 %. I am only a little surprised that you had a fly away problem. Did you check your compass status afterwards?

As I said, it was while using the stock app and wifi I got the flyaway, but I think it was compass and/or hitting a bug based. I restarted the drone and calibrated the compass, and had no more problems.

Reactions: Jacob
Does the waypoint mode work that same way as on a mavic? Meaning, can I use tutorial videos from mavic to learn how to use this function ?

I'd quite like to use the hacked app but be logged in to DJI so I can preserve my flight records- in particular, in case my drone gets lost and I need to hunt for it. How risky, in terms of being discovered by DJI, do you think this would be? Would I face any consequences if they noticed the hacked app?

Not sure, but I got the Lite version to run just fine. Newbie question: does the fcc mod have any effect in the US? I'll try to fly tomorrow, but wondering if this app on conjunction with RC and OTG can go farther.

So far with regular play store app (4.1.15) and otg I've flown a distance of about 1500 feet before losing signal. Should I expect to fly further?
So I decided to fly with a different phone. Use Samsung s8 active instead of my old LG G4. Wow what a difference. Used 2.0 Mod (not lite) with RC & OTG in airplane mode and no wifi. Flew it out a little over a mile with no video loss. Got to about 6400 ft before losing signal and RTH. Solid performance on the Samsung

So I decided to fly with a different phone. Use Samsung s8 active instead of my old LG G4. Wow what a difference. Used 2.0 Mod (not lite) with RC & OTG in airplane mode and no wifi. Flew it out a little over a mile with no video loss. Got to about 6400 ft before losing signal and RTH. Solid performance on the Samsung
I use the same phone, works flawlessly.

Does the waypoint mode work that same way as on a mavic? Meaning, can I use tutorial videos from mavic to learn how to use this function ?
I tested out the 2.0 mod app today. It worked like a charm. I used galaxy s7 with otg no WiFi no Bluetooth. It was a sunny 16°f with winds at 10 -15 mph today in Chicago. I used only one battery because that is all I could take outside. Had no lag in video, and everything was stable.

I tested out the way point mode. It worked perfect as well. The only thing I notice was that you couldn't pick between free flight or fixed route. In free flight it flys the same route but you are able to yaw the drone in ant direction and not just in the way you set up your way point.
Did anyone else notice that??

I tested out the 2.0 mod app today. It worked like a charm. I used galaxy s7 with otg no WiFi no Bluetooth. It was a sunny 16°f with winds at 10 -15 mph today in Chicago. I used only one battery because that is all I could take outside. Had no lag in video, and everything was stable.

I tested out the way point mode. It worked perfect as well. The only thing I notice was that you couldn't pick between free flight or fixed route. In free flight it flys the same route but you are able to yaw the drone in ant direction and not just in the way you set up your way point.
Did anyone else notice that??
Finally got around to test 2.0 mod (not lite) as well, on a Galaxy S7 (non edge), for now with no OTG. I live in Europe.

Couldn't do a full suit of test because of limited time (and batteries). Baseline: great!

He is the detail of what I did (scroll to the bottom for a couple of interesting problems):

- distance test: tried official app. Video got laggy and broken post about 200 m distance. Corey lost at 500. With modded up, got to 650m with no problem. I turned back because I want brave enough to keep pushing... [emoji1]
Using the same configuration, the day before, in a suitable place, I sent the spark to 420 m above my head... Amazing!

- waypoint worked fine too (and it's pretty amazing), but yes, I wasn't given any choice as to heading mode. Also, gimbal pitch position is not recorded as part of the waypoint data (but maybe it isn't with the Mavic either...)

- point of interest worked very well. I think it will turn out to be one of the most useful in real-life usage

- I briefly (battery was almost dead) tried follow me, but the disk sign move despite reporting very good GPS signal from both done and mobile device

Problems:

- map was a problem. Despite having an active data connection and offline Google maps for the area, I couldn't see any map. Even worse, I couldn't even see the home-point, Spark position or track. The map area was just a uniform color with the (useless) control buttons.

- also, after doing the distance test and switching battery, I had more problems with signal range. I was flying in a different direction with somehow less clean line of sight (some trees), but I wonder if there is a way (other than signal reliability) of checking of the spark operating is in FCC mode or not. Maybe it got reset somehow during the battery change? I don't know when the spark or app make the decision and setting about FCC mode. Can it be reset on power-up if I don't restart the modded app to force it again?

Reactions: skyop90
Map ? what i will do. i connected to data to load the map after, i could see the map display. you can turn off all the data. today i can only get 1050meters max. certainly you will need to spend some data away for map (downloaded)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar