Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Thank you for this. This did two things for me. 1. My Nexus 7 was choking hard core with the new DJI GO apps. This runs great again on my Nexus. And 2 I can now run OTG again with my Spark! Working great for both my Mavic Pro and Spark.

Tested on Xiaomi Mi A1 with android 8.0 , all worked well no problems. Only used otg, no wifi.

Both modded apps are good, but obviously there are problems with resolution with some devices. On my Samsung Galaxy S3 I also have some icons too large and sometimes connection just freeze. That's probably due to the old phone, Android version or anything else - I don't know.
OTG doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I don't know why. But resolution is fine with both modded apps.

For anyone who is using android in EU, read post 434 of this topic - anyone having fears ''being illegal'' or being afraid for your DJI refresh care or warranty, don't read this topic at all. :D

That's what I did on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I can go more than 1000m away with last version of official app without OTG - did that today just for test. I don't need more than 500m but it is good to know that Spark is capable to do that easily. With 5.8GHz connection between Spark and RC. Which is even better to avoid 2.4GHz frequency congestion with various WiFi devices.
And who succesfully do that can say big thanks to Haggi.
THANK YOU Haggi.:)

P.S.: pay attention to safety. Keep LOS between your remote controller and Spark. Pay attention to antennas direction. Read the manual to undestand your Spark. Watch videos. Do the flight preparations. Don't hurry - especially when something is not as it should be. Find a reason for that. Leave your Spark in the bag if the weather is bad. Do the test flights on open field without obstacles as often as you can.

Any idea why "Channel Mode" shows up twice in the app? Also, selecting 2.4G or 5.8G under "Available Channel" doesn't seem to do anything.
I was connected to the RC using Wi-Fi, so no OTG; phone is a Nexus 5 running Android 7.1.2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-214459.png
    Screenshot_20180218-214459.png
    343 KB · Views: 82
Hi guys. Why should we install the MOD as we can change to FCC mode by using a fake GPS on the phone?
I may be missing something

Last edited:
OK here is a chance for my first contribution to this community. ;-)

My Spark finally arrived today.
Updating via DJI assistant went smooth, without any issues.

1. I first connected it to my good old Samsung Galaxy S3 NEO.
- Android 4.4.2
- No SIM, flight mode
- I have both Mod 2.0 and Lite here, no official
- Both apps Works with OTG just fine.
- I was not flying Spark since it is dark outside. Just took it out to check GPS reception and do compass calibration - both OK.
- It DOES matter which side of OTG is connected first.
- Here is how i do it: switch ON RC, switch ON AC, wait to connect, put OTG cable together, plug thinner OTG side of the cable (actually ordinary micro USB cable with male USB on one side and micro USB on the other side) into phone and the other side into RC, phone then automatically offers to start MOD 2 or LITE, i choose which ever, wait a little bit and voila. :)
- Request for updating flyzones poped up, ignored it of course.
- tried several times, it works each time.
- 2nd time there was no need to log in.
- I can switch between 2,4GHz and 5,8GHz which is due to OTG.
- On LITE preloaded offline maps works.
- On MOD 2 maps Works if I enable WiFi so that it can downoad them.

The only thing which I don't uderstand is how can I see if I'm in CE or FCC. I don't understand that ''11 cannels rule'' or that ''you shouldn't see channels 12 and 13'' rule. Actually, there is no cannel indicator at all. All what I see is this.

View attachment 3421 View attachment 3421

But I don't care really, I'll check the range tomorrow. If I can get app. 500m reliable range and image transmission I'm happy and I have better chances to achieve that since I can select 2,4 GHz.

2. then I connected it to my daily Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Android version 5.0.1
- Both official 4.2.6 and MOD 2 on it
- I started with MOD2 and OTG connection DOES NOT work - so it is either phone, android version or having official app here also - i don't know.
- Then I decided for official 4.2.6 here. I followed suggeted Moccation trick, advised by Haggi and it worked! :) THANK YOU Haggi. ;-)
- Connected with WiFi, (tried with OTG but it doesn't work), warning about FCC poped up - ignored - so I guess im in FCC with this one, will test the range- Warning to update flight zones - ignored.
- then everything was fine-
- As told, I don't understand that ''11 cannels rule'' or that ''you shouldn't see channels 12 and 13'' rule so I don't know where am I here either. There are indicator colums on RSSI graphs, i didn't capture a screen, I'll do it next time.

According to all those facts I have good chances to get reliable 500m range and image transmission - either with MOD2 using OTG and selecting 2,4GHz or with official 4.2.6, fooled with Moccation.

I hope I did at least a little payback with this.
I've got and still getting A ALOT of usefull informations here so THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU.
Yeah I have yet to take it on the "highway" so to speak have an 11 month old that walks and 3 other kids. Lol But really appreciate sharing your experiences.

Hi guys. Why should we install the MOD as we can change to FCC mode by using a fake GPS on the phone?
I may be missing something
Obviously you didn't bother reading all of the other benefits. Also changing the GPS manually means you cannot use GPS for anything else on the device such as the RTH stuff and suchlike.

Obviously you didn't bother reading all of the other benefits. Also changing the GPS manually means you cannot use GPS for anything else on the device such as the RTH stuff and suchlike.
That's not right.
I've changed manually the GPS position and I still have all the GPS functions activated.
My position on the map is the real position, not the one I've set on the fake GPS app.

That's not right.
I've changed manually the GPS position and I still have all the GPS functions activated.
My position on the map is the real position, not the one I've set on the fake GPS app.
ok. if the other features are of no interest, then don't bother using it.

Last edited:
On LITE version preloaded maps works fine.

I only have resolution / icon size problems with both - that is icons are too big, I can't see number of satelites etc.
Tested with Samsung Galaxy S4, samsung Galaxy S3 NEO and Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4.

Its very OK that those apps are available. Who knows what DJI will do to prevent us to use fake gps location... Or maybe automatically switching to CE according to the real GPS location - without giving an option to cancel.

I haven't used them much since succesfully tricked official app and because having problems with icon sizes. There were supposed to be some Mavic modes in here. I'm not sure.

quick question, I started using HD Sync to backup all of my flights to airdata.com before I started using this app, but it looks like HD Sync isn't seeing the flight details. Any idea how to get it working?
Also how the heck do you do the Sphere/planet thing?
cheers

quick question, I started using HD Sync to backup all of my flights to airdata.com before I started using this app, but it looks like HD Sync isn't seeing the flight details. Any idea how to get it working?
Also how the heck do you do the Sphere/planet thing?
cheers

Unfortunately, you have to log on with your DJI account to be able to view flight details- a faux account doesn't work. I've done that and, well...not got caught yet!

thats odd as i have logged in with my normal account. i thought HD sync reads some files off of the device storage though not stuff from DJI's cloud

Hey i like this App. With the original App i have so much connection lost and others Problems. My spark Works very well. I dont Need the Range of fcc but i like the stable Connections. Very Good job guys.

Those 2 modded apps works flawless on my son's Huawei p9 lite. Everything, OTG, resolution, icon sizes.. is perfect.

Why not just report and stay away from this topic if you dont like it? Or ar you some kind of law enforcement? If so, can i have your name and badge number?

Ive read a couple of your posts and all i can read is you harrassing people and policing around. Get a life dude
probably works for dji and trying to get it taken down

Also this when connected via WiFi directly to AC (no channel meter). Am I doing something wrong? Are these bugs in the app? Are these incompatibilities with the phone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180219-231716.png
    Screenshot_20180219-231716.png
    622.4 KB · Views: 83

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis