Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

I got the update on IOS, but I also only see 4.1.22 in the play store. Years ago when I first started missing around with android. They would do there releases by certain countries or time zones. Not sure if they still do that, but maybe that’s why Pappy is seeing it before the rest of use?

I got the update on IOS, but I also only see 4.1.22 in the play store. Years ago when I first started missing around with android. They would do there releases by certain countries or time zones. Not sure if they still do that, but maybe that’s why Pappy is seeing it before the rest of use?

Yah, I was surprised as well when I checked. It's usually 1-2 weeks after a release that it's available as an update. Maybe the Play Store took a look at what version I was on (4.1.15) and said this poor guy needs an update, pronto.

Does it completely work or just mostly work like it used to? By that I mean can you assign the buttons and it remembers them, etc.? I'm betting on mostly works, I would think there'd have to be stuff added in the firmware.
The settings seem to stick properly, only briefly tried it though, and not outside.

Too many threads on the new software and too much time passed before I could correct it so they were merged here. The policy is the first thread is the main thread. Also, please be sure when you post it is in the correct location so we can keep things organized. No one wants to sift through 6 or 7 threads of the same topic. So from here on out, this is the thread to discuss the release of the new Go4 app.
Carry on.

Reactions: John-yyb
Too many threads on the new software and too much time passed before I could correct it so they were merged here. The policy is the first thread is the main thread. Also, please be sure when you post it is in the correct location so we can keep things organized. No one wants to sift through 6 or 7 threads of the same topic. So from here on out, this is the thread to discuss the release of the new Go4 app.
Carry on.

The problem with the merge is two fold. The Subject line indicates this thread is about a DJI GO 4 Update. It isn't clear as to which one. Is it 4.1.18, 4.1.22, or some other version. It's not clear by just reading the Subject line. Secondly, the Subject line indicates this is a thread about Go 4 app update for IOS, why were responses for Android in other threads merged to this one?

If this thread is about the 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android, then the Subject line needs to reflect this.

Sub’d. I’m super-tempted to update my iOS Go4 app to the new 4.2.4, but my current setup for both the Spark (even with OTG) and Mavic Pro Platinum is working wonderfully and I don’t want to screw up a good thing.

DJI has really screwed the pooch when it comes to updates. I have almost zero trust in them at this point.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
Yes, it certainly appears that OTG on DJI GO 4 Version 4.2.4 is officially working with IOS, All the info is showing and there is no longer the constant "weak image transmission signal" message.
I haven't been able to fly either (dark), but I walked over a block away with my Spark elevated in the back yard and I still saw no errors or any missing information.

I wonder why DJI would not specifically mention OTG for the Spark? Unless this is actually something fixed in the GO App specifically for the Mavic Air, but just happens to correct the issues for the Spark as well... I'm not seeing the Android update for DJI GO 4 as being available, only the update for "DJI GO-for products before P4"???
IMG_6926.jpg

Last edited:
Tried the new iOS 4.2.4 on my iPhone 7+ and it worked good for the few minutes I had the Spark up. OTG worked good and all info was displayed as well as all settings.

I am still on 4.1.20 on my iPad Pro 10.5 and will likely stay there for a day or so to see how the new app works. Having both the Spark and MPP means that I have to carefully flight-test each A/C with the new app to be certain and because it’s such a PITA to roll-back to an older version, I am extremely cautious.

Sub’d. I’m super-tempted to update my iOS Go4 app to the new 4.2.4, but my current setup for both the Spark (even with OTG) and Mavic Pro Platinum is working wonderfully and I don’t want to screw up a good thing.

DJI has really screwed the pooch when it comes to updates. I have almost zero trust in them at this point.

The new version seems to be working for me on the Spark and Mavic Pro. I have loaded it on My iPad Mini 4 and My iPhone X. I have even tried it on my old iPhone 6. All my setting are saving, all the assigned switches are saving. All seem ok to me.

All this OTG talk is great news! I put my order in with Amazon hours ago!

Yip Android update - seems ok but AC reverts to Magic air on start up. Yet to give OTG cable a nudge but interface seems alot smoother.

What country are you located in that is possibly getting the Android update first?

The settings seem to stick properly, only briefly tried it though, and not outside.

I updated my iPad then had to rush off to the hospital, my new great-grand-son was wanting to come out into the world. Turned out to be a false alarm, so they sent my granddaughter home for the night. Anyway, assuming little Charlie doesn't decide he's ready again, I'll try it out in the morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar