Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 update - 4.2.4 update on both IOS and Android

Normal staged updates hosted as it always has been.
I have no idea why people are still surprised by it!

4.2.4 is now in the android app store, has anyone tested this on an android device to see if OTG is functioning properly? If you have can you please state what device you are using.

4.2.4 is now in the android app store, has anyone tested this on an android device to see if OTG is functioning properly? If you have can you please state what device you are using.

I was coming here to ask this very question. I can confirm 100% that ios in airplane mode flew without a hitch yesterday with OTG on this firmware. I have a second device that is android I may go ahead and install it and give it a try as well.

Reactions: Vallone1990
I was coming here to ask this very question. I can confirm 100% that ios in airplane mode flew without a hitch yesterday with OTG on this firmware. I have a second device that is android I may go ahead and install it and give it a try as well.

Let me know what you find, I won't be able to test it till after work.

Let me know what you find, I won't be able to test it till after work.

I've got my spark and my second device with me but I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to fly until after work myself. So you may know in the same time frame I do. Lol. If I can sneak out I'll give it a shot. But its been heck here lately finding "free time".

You take yours to work with you too? LOL me too
hahaha

yeah, we go out on the weekend with the kids and Ill come out of the house with the spark. My wife says "honey, we're going shopping" And I always reply "you never know".

Its a tool, as well as a toy for me. I enjoy having the ability to reach out with it anytime I feel i need to.

Finally got to where I could go test it, been a long couple of days. BTW - great-grandson Charlie finally made his entrance around 4PM yesterday, 6# 11oz 20 inches long. He and my granddaughter are doing great.
Back to my testing, latest DJI Go 4 app on an iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS version. The OTG cable worked flawlessly. I completely shut down everything (AC, RC & iPad) between flights. All of the settings including the button assignments were retained. All of the telemetry was there and working. Probably because the last time I flew it outdoors there were leaves on the trees, it went out 950 feet 100 feet altitude vs. around 800 feet out at 100 feet altitude.

Finally got to where I could go test it, been a long couple of days. BTW - great-grandson Charlie finally made his entrance around 4PM yesterday, 6# 11oz 20 inches long. He and my granddaughter are doing great.
Back to my testing, latest DJI Go 4 app on an iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS version. The OTG cable worked flawlessly. I completely shut down everything (AC, RC & iPad) between flights. All of the settings including the button assignments were retained. All of the telemetry was there and working. Probably because the last time I flew it outdoors there were leaves on the trees, it went out 950 feet 100 feet altitude vs. around 800 feet out at 100 feet altitude.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Reactions: Spark 317
New spark: can I run 4.1.22 on one android and 4.2.4 on another? Would this cause a pairing problem with RC or AC?

I connected my new OTG cable to my remote.

iPad mini4 + all transmission modes disabled (Airplane Mode on, Wifi off, BT off)
Made the connection; 'OKd' the message from iOS about compatibility.
Connected to my Spark...

Amazing how much LESS Latency there is now!! I received my Spark for Christmas (so I didn't fly with previous DJI GO 4 versions) so I've always had Wifi-RC-Spark. I'm at basically at a unnoticeable amount of latency now!

Reactions: VenomousSVT

Congrats to the fam!!!!

I connected my new OTG cable to my remote.

iPad mini4 + all transmission modes disabled (Airplane Mode on, Wifi off, BT off)
Made the connection; 'OKd' the message from iOS about compatibility.
Connected to my Spark...

Amazing how much LESS Latency there is now!! I received my Spark for Christmas (so I didn't fly with previous DJI GO 4 versions) so I've always had Wifi-RC-Spark. I'm at basically at a unnoticeable amount of latency now!
That is Brilliant to hear ....I really want to know if it was intentional for dji to nring back otg working properly even though not supported still ???????
Happy though if it was accident or on purpose from what i hear about how good it is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast