Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI goggles?

I got my own pair that I just used this morning extensively for the first time. Very happy with them on the Mavic. Will test them out tomorrow with the Inspire 2. I'm sure they'll be awesome with the Spark as well.

Reactions: clackey
I received mine from DJI last week. So far, I'm really liking them. They are made well and the picture is better/larger than any of the others goggles I own (Fat Shark Dominator V3, Epson Moverio BT-300, Avegant Glyph, HeadPlay HD, Eachine Goggles One).

Reactions: Animal
So far I'm liking them, though the portability sucks. They aren't as heavy as they look to to be either.

Have you used them to watch videos or play games? I was thinking the alternative uses could make them worth the purchase.

Have you used them to watch videos or play games? I was thinking the alternative uses could make them worth the purchase.

I plugged them into my MB Pro (via HDMI) and worked at the computer on them...a bit hard to find the home row on the keyboard when you've got goggles on.

I also watched some videos on YouTube from computer with them, very nice large picture, no complaints or negative feedback. Not a gamer and don't own a game system so can't help you on that one.

No, I've only used them with my Mavic. I was going to try to use the goggles with my PC, but my typing skills suck and I need to see the keyboard.

Anyone already knows how the goggles will interface the Spark? No wireless, so options are Hdmi (but does the controller have an hdmi port, or the option to install the board as the P3P?) or Usb (but will the goggles be usable together with the smartphone or will they be alternate?)

The remote controller has a USB port. You'll be able to connect a mobile device or the DJI Goggles. Both cannot be connected at the same time though.

If DJI is to be believed, my Goggles will show up the week before my Spark.

But I'm not holding my breath on either package arriving on the dates that DJI has provided.

:rolleyes:

Anyone already knows how the goggles will interface the Spark? No wireless, so options are Hdmi (but does the controller have an hdmi port, or the option to install the board as the P3P?) or Usb (but will the goggles be usable together with the smartphone or will they be alternate?)

As I understand it, they will interface with Spark and Mavic wirelessly.

They are compatible with other devices, but require wired setup.

You can only connect them to the Mavic wirelessly.

Bummer...according to the Spark website, "DJI Goggles compatibility coming soon."

But I'm not holding my breath on either package arriving on the dates that DJI has provided.

When friends ask me if they should pre-order something from DJI, I tell them to not get their hopes up about receiving it super soon. I learned my lesson with the Mavic.

The remote controller has a USB port. You'll be able to connect a mobile device or the DJI Goggles. Both cannot be connected at the same time though.

The mobile device does not use USB, it connects via WiFi...

The mobile device does not use USB, it connects via WiFi...

I think there is some confusion here.

A mobile device can be used without the RC.
The RC can be used without a mobile device.

When using both mobile and RC, the USB cable is used to simplify communications between the devices and drone as well as passthru video data to either a USB connected goggles or mobile device.

If no USB is needed for mobile to RC connectivity, then why supply USB connectors with RC?

I think there is some confusion here.

A mobile device can be used without the RC.
The RC can be used without a mobile device.

When using both mobile and RC, the USB cable is used to simplify communications between the devices and drone as well as passthru video data to either a USB connected goggles or mobile device.

If no USB is needed for mobile to RC connectivity, then why supply USB connectors with RC?

I believe this is true on the Mavic, but if you look at the user guide for the Spark RC, the device connects to the controller via Wi-Fi. There is no USB port on the Spark RC.

Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Reactions: Dudge Jredd
I believe this is true on the Mavic, but if you look at the user guide for the Spark RC, the device connects to the controller via Wi-Fi. There is no USB port on the Spark RC.

Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Thanks for clearing that up. I pulled up the wrong spec sheet for RC. I thought I had Spark's but I had Mavic RC specs open this entire time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme