Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji spark gimbal issues

Arrow

Join
Dec 16, 2018
Hi everyone

Im new to the drone world so I bought dji spark form my friend he had it for about one month till he had problem with the gimbal it says gimbal overload and it acting like crazy go in all direction even he did not had any crashes before and flying time 2 hours only!! so I got a good deal for it and then I bought a brand new gimbal! and I change the old one but the problem is still the same is there hope for this spark to be useful

Last edited:
Did you also replace the ribbon cable that attaches gimbal to aircraft? Sometimes it's faulty.

A loose connection of ribbon cable on either end can give those symptoms too.

I can't find the post right now but... I've also seen it fixed by refreshing firmware by attaching Spark to computer and using DJI Assistant 2 software.

Hopefully one of those known fixes works for you

Reactions: Arrow
Im sure from the gimbal its full kit with all Cables already attached both of them so what makes me so frustrated it’s the same freaking problem as before I tried changing the software by DJI Assistant to older version but no use

Did you also replace the ribbon cable that attaches gimbal to aircraft? Sometimes it's faulty.

A loose connection of ribbon cable on either end can give those symptoms too.

I can't find the post right now but... I've also seen it fixed by refreshing firmware by attaching Spark to computer and using DJI Assistant 2 software.

Hopefully one of those known fixes works for you
I noticed with wire ribbons they are so fragile, and cheap I replace them everytime a component needs replacing.

As for the gimble overload that could any number of things.
To heavy of a lense filter, Camera movement is dragging on aftermarket shield. Calibration needs to performed.

There's also a secondary connection on the ribbon inside the camera itself. That sometimes is not connected correctly by a user DIY repair not wiring the camera harness correctly back through the camera causing a motor Drag from harness tension.
I also found the DJI support on contacting them they have a one size fits all testing procedure. I called them once and help went like this,
(the drone is very fragile and owners cannot repair drones, they have to be mailed in, and if you touch the inside of the drone, we charge extra for repairs the owner tried to fix.)

Apparently DJI technicians don't know enough about their own product to make necessary repairs if the owner gets into trouble.
No matter what your background is in electronics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis