Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Name Sticker

optionbLur

Join
Sep 27, 2017
All,

I just heard from a friend that some drone owners put a sticker with their name and number on the spark in case it flies away or gets lost, the founder is able to contact the owner.
Is this a good idea? any suggestions on what to use?
Mayba a picture of what you did?
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this topic but I was not able to see it so I created a new one.

I’ve written my mobile number in permanent marker on the body offering reward if returned. Won’t wear off and no extra weight.

Reactions: srcrain
I put my contact info on it. And it’s worked. I lost my spark in the ocean back when the firmware wasn’t to be trusted. Two days later a kid called about the reward, it washes up. DJI refresh and I was flying again.
The second pic is two days of ocean damage.

IMG_8816.JPG
IMG_7665.JPG

Reactions: Aerial View
It was the first thing I did with mine. It's the law here in Canada.
Hey Skippy
I live in Canada as well and am applying for my SFOC. Can you please direct me to the part of the SI that states the fact that UAV's have to be identified or labelled. I have read thru this current official regulation of drones and haven't found your statement within our governments regulations

As soon as I got my spark I put a return mail sticker on it and then a piece of Scotch tape to waterproof it. I have that on all my quads and my RC airplanes just in case

Reactions: Aerial View
All,

I just heard from a friend that some drone owners put a sticker with their name and number on the spark in case it flies away or gets lost, the founder is able to contact the owner.
Is this a good idea? any suggestions on what to use?
Mayba a picture of what you did?
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this topic but I was not able to see it so I created a new one.
I lost a p3p and had “reward if found” with my phone number. I had a fly away.. it took about a month and the p3p crashed from 400 feet so it was destroyed, but a nice person called me and didn’t want any money...

I printed my name and phone number in bold 10 point type and glued and taped it to the side of the spark and another under the battery. I like the text file idea stated somewhere above, so I'll do that too soon.

I like the text file idea stated somewhere above, so I'll do that too soon.

That was me.

And Thank You for answering my Litchi / goggle questions on the other thread.:)

It's the law in Germany, and the sticker must be fireproof.
Wow fireproof.. that’s intense... you must have your faa numbers on ur bird in the US, but I’m sure it doesn’t have to be fireproof. Must be metal huh? And then do you rivet it in?

I printed my name and phone number in bold 10 point type and glued and taped it to the side of the spark and another under the battery. I like the text file idea stated somewhere above, so I'll do that too soon.

That's where I put mine also. Just printed a simple two-liner with my label maker and stuck it under the battery. "REWARD" "myphonenumber"

With all of the posts providing a reward, what is an appropriate reward for a return?

Some people are nice enough to return it with no compensation.

Others want what's coming to them.

And then there are those who know what they have (if in working condition) and may ask for a reward, but if not enough...reboot the drone, buy the peripherals needed for the Spark and enjoy their new toy.
Can this happen?

Just curious what the going rate is for REWARD vs. RANSOM?

I was pondering that too, what do I do if a greedy person calls on the phone and says they think they found my drone, and immediately starts asking how much is the reward? Last thing you'd want them to do is try to start negotiating with you, or as you say start making demands. Even though that'd be illegal, they may not care. Given a replacement spark itself would be around $400, I was thinking 10% of cost would be reasonable? pair of 20's? I'm not sure what the law would consider that given it's not a huge amount... petty larceny?

And thinking ahead, considering I had to register / activate my Spark with DJI to start flying, is there anything DJI might do to help me recover it? Or at least prevent the thief from using it or reselling it in working order? Could they brick it, or give me it's coordinates the next time their DJI app connects to it while it has an internet connection?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme