Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Range - With Controller

Hi guys.

I have got my spark just a couple of days ago, but am very unhappy about the range.

My setup:
- Android Phone
- DJI Spark
- RC Controller without any signal boosters
- Connecting Cellphone+Controller via USB cable
- Using my antenna like this.
- DJI GO 4 4.2.6

I can't get longer than 300m!!!!!!

How come there are people getting up to 4 miles with stock setup?

Cheers!
There's a setting in the dji go 4 ap to set the max height and max distance, might check that.

Hi guys.

I have got my spark just a couple of days ago, but am very unhappy about the range.

My setup:
- Android Phone
- DJI Spark
- RC Controller without any signal boosters
- Connecting Cellphone+Controller via USB cable
- Using my antenna like this.
- DJI GO 4 4.2.6

I can't get longer than 300m!!!!!!

How come there are people getting up to 4 miles with stock setup?

Cheers!
Download fake gps type in anywhere in USA open dji app it will say your in the wrong region press ok then exit go back to fake gps uninstall it or exit it from now on when you open dji go it will say your in the wrong region always press cancel not ok and u will be in fcc instead of ce should get you about 600 meters or more there's nothing wrong with your spark

Would buying a RC set up for flying in America and use it to fly in Europe would the flying range be increased?

No.

But apparently some members are using a fake GPS app that sets the "region" in the USA fooling the software making FCC range possible in a CE area?

Search this Forum and you'll read what I'm talking about.

I haven't had a need to use it as I live in the US.

Would love a PM too - thank you it advance! Plus - I fly very responsibly. Usually in vast, free of people areas and away from air traffic.

Ummmm, im not so certain that anyone is getting 4 mile range on a stock setup. I could be wrong as I am a brand new Spark owner and pilot but everything ive read contradicts your statement. For me, i still have mine in beginner mode so I dont **** things up just yet.
4 miles total. To and back [emoji2] . That's still freaking impressive.

Hi guys can someone add me to the PM list? 600 meters is definitely too short here in Europe. Thanks for your help and have good flights

I'm in Canada and flew til video started dropping out. I was over unobstructed lake and got 1150m or 3770 feet. iPhone was usb connected to RC.

How people are getting 3100 meters with this little spark 2 miles away. I've only ventured out 700 meters and that is far enough hahaha

Just curious, what does the fake GPS do to Return to Home function. Seems a bit spooky to fart around with a function that brings your bird home and inviting fly aways...?
Very curious about this as my locale limits me to 500 metres max. There is no warning just a sudden signal cut out.

Just curious, what does the fake GPS do to Return to Home function. Seems a bit spooky to fart around with a function that brings your bird home and inviting fly aways...?
Very curious about this as my locale limits me to 500 metres max. There is no warning just a sudden signal cut out.
You don't fly with fake GPS app running, you only use it to make the DJI app change from EU to FCC, then, stop fake GPS and restart DJI app, when prompted for changing WiFi region, simply answer NO, that's all.

Reactions: yo-dude
You don't fly with fake GPS app running, you only use it to make the DJI app change from EU to FCC, then, stop fake GPS and restart DJI app, when prompted for changing WiFi region, simply answer NO, that's all.
I thought there wasn't no need to use fake GPS anymore to get your app to change to fcc mode. Don't you just download the mod go app and that does it for you now? I'm confused.

Ahhhh.
Gotcha. Thanks alot for clearing that up.

I thought there wasn't no need to use fake GPS anymore to get your app to change to fcc mode. Don't you just download the mod go app and that does it for you now? I'm confused.
I don't like use a modded app, I use the original one, but 4.1.15. ofc in FCC mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme