Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJIGo4 app crashing

I use Android 8.0 and the app has crashed every time I've flown. It seems to only happen if I've started recording video. At first I thought it was because I didn't have an SD card yet, but it's happened with the card as well. It also crashed when I tried an OTG cable. I've always used the RC, so I just keep flying while the app comes back up. But I've lost most of the videos I've tried.
Phone just updated to 8.1. I doubt that will help and weather has been too bad to try.
Litchi does not crash, as I have tried that a few times in VR.

Updating to iOS 11.2 on my iPhone 6 helped with the crashing of app yesterday

i will not update the latest ios (in here got alot people report os had some issues about itself rebooting)

Went out to fly Sparky for the second time yesterday and noticed the satellite icon would disappear once the USB connected the remote to my tablet. Satellites would come back up when the USB was unplugged and wifi connection was made. I went into the app and discovered many of the Go4 settings had been changed since the last fly day, the China map was turned on, stick controls changed, among other options. After several reboots of the app, restart of the drone and remote, and USB unplug/plug, the satellite icon came on and I was able to fly long enough to empty a battery. A change of batteries and again the satellite icon disappeared, plus the GPS map in the lower left of the screen went blank. I clicked on the icon in the upper right of the GPS screen and the map reappeared yet the flight map then disappeared. I decided to end the day and try for a solution today by uninstalling the Go4 app, erasing the folder, and going for a fresh install. Any feedback is appreciated.

Went out to fly Sparky for the second time yesterday and noticed the satellite icon would disappear once the USB connected the remote to my tablet. Satellites would come back up when the USB was unplugged and wifi connection was made. I went into the app and discovered many of the Go4 settings had been changed since the last fly day, the China map was turned on, stick controls changed, among other options. After several reboots of the app, restart of the drone and remote, and USB unplug/plug, the satellite icon came on and I was able to fly long enough to empty a battery. A change of batteries and again the satellite icon disappeared, plus the GPS map in the lower left of the screen went blank. I clicked on the icon in the upper right of the GPS screen and the map reappeared yet the flight map then disappeared. I decided to end the day and try for a solution today by uninstalling the Go4 app, erasing the folder, and going for a fresh install. Any feedback is appreciated.

Very common reaction to the unsupported OTG connection.
You will boost range with the OTG cable but lose functionality.

Strange... My LG G4 is among those models which are clearly stated by DJI as "forget it, go away" and I had maybe two or three app crashes since year on both Mavic and Spark alltogether...

Very common reaction to the unsupported OTG connection.
You will boost range with the OTG cable but lose functionality.

Did a fresh install today and the most annoying problem that persists is that the Go4 screen will display either the flight map in the lower right corner or the radar map in the lower left corner, yet not both at the same time. Since Mavy arrived last April, I've not had one problem so perhaps it's just my time. I'm sorry that I did the upgrade on the app on the Android tablet. The guys at my local DJI Colorado store were just as perplexed with the problem.

Iphone X here. IOS 11.1.2. Not sure what version of Go4. DJI app crashes taking me back to home screen every 20 seconds or so. Makes using Sparky for inspections difficult and much more nerve wracking. Has been doing so for about a week. I have not updated anything but the app might have auto-updated.
Haven't been on forum for some time still running older firmware on Spark as well.

Iphone X here. IOS 11.1.2. Not sure what version of Go4. DJI app crashes taking me back to home screen every 20 seconds or so. Makes using Sparky for inspections difficult and much more nerve wracking. Has been doing so for about a week. I have not updated anything but the app might have auto-updated.
Haven't been on forum for some time still running older firmware on Spark as well.

Try iOS 11.2

Ill give it a try. Sparky is needed this afternoon - snow permitting.

So far so good. I phone goes to sleep prior to crashing and wakes to DJI Go4. If I'm not grounded by snow I'll report back tonight.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena