Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does the DJI Go 4 app still support the Spark?

xa6driver

Join
Sep 2, 2017
Bought the Spark a few months ago. Setup smooth with no connection problems. Flew it for a couple of weeks and happy with the product. Sat on the shelf while I flew the Tello. Went back to the Spark today and found I could not get the app (DJI Go4) to connect. Uninstalled the current app and attempted to reinstall the app from Google Play Store. Selection was "DJI Go4 since P4" and DJI Go4 before P4". Installed and uninstalled both apps. Both downloads did not allow me to select "Spark". Instead it took me to the options of "Smart Editor" and "Global View" neither of which I was interested. Could not access the "Spark" selection. Haven't flown the MP in an equal amount of time and as yet don't know if I'll encounter the same problem. And please, if you have the expertise to respond to this problem, don't ask me if I've done this or that because I have.

So in short, yes it is still supported by Go4 app, "DJI Go4 since P4".

Bought the Spark a few months ago. Setup smooth with no connection problems. Flew it for a couple of weeks and happy with the product. Sat on the shelf while I flew the Tello. Went back to the Spark today and found I could not get the app (DJI Go4) to connect. Uninstalled the current app and attempted to reinstall the app from Google Play Store. Selection was "DJI Go4 since P4" and DJI Go4 before P4". Installed and uninstalled both apps. Both downloads did not allow me to select "Spark". Instead it took me to the options of "Smart Editor" and "Global View" neither of which I was interested. Could not access the "Spark" selection. Haven't flown the MP in an equal amount of time and as yet don't know if I'll encounter the same problem. And please, if you have the expertise to respond to this problem, don't ask me if I've done this or that because I have.
You don't say whether you are using the remote control or not; if so you can try pairing the two again without using the otg cable. If you are using only a phone or tablet, check your wifi connection.

Reactions: Dronason
Delete the older, outdated app.

Having both running at same time will prevent the other from working properly.
No, both are ok on the same device, they don't apply to same drone and don't share folders.
If he use only Spark, then he needs only Go4, but OP says he know all of that.

No, both are ok on the same device, they don't apply to same drone and don't share folders.
If he use only Spark, then he needs only Go4, but OP says he know all of that.

You misread or misunderstood my post: There's nothing wrong with having both apps on the phone (he just doesn't need the second one). Why should he waste storage space or risk inadvertently run then at the same time?

DJI recommends that both GO apps not run at the same time (even in the background). In fact they advise closing all other apps to free up maximum RAM. They use the same resources and could overburden weaker phone processors. They report this as a cause of app crashes and unpredictable fight behavior. Not just a theory

You don't say whether you are using the remote control or not; if so you can try pairing the two again without using the otg cable. If you are using only a phone or tablet, check your wifi connection.
Really appreciate those who have taken the time to respond to my recent connection problems with Spark. Starting at square one, I uninstalled the Go4 app. Went back to GPS (Google Play Store) and uploaded both versions DJI Go4 since P4 and before P4. Neither worked. Uninstalled both. Went back to (following another posters recommendation) to the "since P4" app. V 4.2.21. Screenshot_20180805-093131_Google Play Store.jpg InkedScreenshot_20180805-095331_Package installer_LI.jpg
Upon opening the downloaded app I noticed (circled in red) "DJI Go4 Go Create". No reference to my Spark or MP. For some strange reason I'm unable to download the app that allows me to connect and select the Spark to my Android phone. What really ticks me off is having successfully setting up the operating parameters only to find a month later I have to start the whole process all over again and so far without success...frustrating.

You misread or misunderstood my post: There's nothing wrong with having both apps on the phone (he just doesn't need the second one). Why should he waste storage space or risk inadvertently run then at the same time?

DJI recommends that both GO apps not run at the same time (even in the background). In fact they advise closing all other apps to free up maximum RAM. They use the same resources and could overburden weaker phone processors. They report this as a cause of app crashes and unpredictable fight behavior. Not just a theory
Partially only, the Go4 app is not an outdated app, it is the app for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. We don't know what other drones the OP has.
I agree with you that having both running at same time will not help at all.

Email from Dji regarding recent Go4 update V 4.2.21 with unsatisfactory solution.
Follow up from my MS Word chronical

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 13
Samsung Note 8 users beware!
Recently had to do a factory reset on my Note 8. Went to the Google Play Store to reinstall the Go4 software. Here’s what was presented:
this version does not support Spark. Yet to determine if it supports the MP.
Selected “Since P4” based on another posters recommendation. Tried “prior to P4” with the same disappointment. Neither download allowed me to connect to the Spark. Both downloads were V.4.2.21. Email correspondence with DJI as an attachment. Tried to access the suggested link “DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 DJI Go 4-4.2.16” on my desktop that to this goat rope:

After extraction (unzipping)

Not being able to make sense of where to proceed from here I set up a Google email account and forwarded the link to my Note8. Opened the link in Chrome (DJI’s recommended Browser) only to find the downloaded did not appear anywhere on my phone. Called Verizon for help to no avail. Transferred me to Samsung for help only to hear them say that I needed to take the phone into Greek Squad (their partnered affiliate) to resolve the issue. Said they could do a “flashback” to previous installs as if that is not what I’ve trying to do for the past week.
It would seem reasonable for me to conclude that DJI for whatever reason is intentionally screwing with false and misleading support of software/firmware in the Google Play Store V.4.2.21 thereby forcing users of their product to seek third party solutions which I find to be an uncomfortable aggravation. Not willing to give up just yet on a solution I’m returning to this forum for help.
To the extent I’ve been trying to resolve the issue I took the following advice with no resolution:
Go to your Samsung Note 8 "Application" icon and Open Settings option.

Step 3: Under Settings option, select About phone, then choose Software Information.

Step 4: Scroll down the screen and tap Build number several times until you see a message that says "Developer mode has been enabled".

Enable Developer Option on Note 8

Step 5: Select on the Back button and you will see the Developer options menu under Settings, and select Developer options.

Step 6: Slide the "Developer Options" button to "On" and check "USB debugging".

Step 7: You will see a messages "Allow USB Debugging", click "OK".

After this, in the developer options menu scroll down to USB configuration, and choose picture transfer protocol.

This fixed mine right away, same phone as yours!

No luck so far with salvaging a software update to allow me to connect to the Spark...waiting to see how it affects the MP...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar