Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dumb gpa lost gkids Spark

Wyojet

Join
Apr 17, 2019
Hey guys n girls out 8n Spark land. I obviously don't have flying drones down as well as I had thought. This afternoon I was flying my M2P n I forgot the Marco Polo tracker bug at my house for the Spark.

I was being ate up by bugs n I was flying the Spark over a woodsland next to my field n I must have hit the down stick smacking a bug. I heard it hit the tree tops n have a general idea where it might be. I did see a picture of it next to a hardwood tree n it's on the ground atleast. I tried to use find my drone n don't know if I was using it correctly? I did see some GPS coordinates but haven't looked into that just yet. Taking shower first as my left knee is not happy. GPA walked for 6 hours in the woods till dark. Yes, I should've took the bug off my M2P but I didn't this last flight with the Spark.

Question being, n most likely been asked many times before now. What can I do to track down its location, or am I a done duck? I am too tired tonight to look into this myself n thought you guys probably been here yourselves or know someone who has? I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions if you have the time.

I could always buy another one but the mrs. won't ever let me forget this moment. She's really gifted to remember my screw ups. lol. I can't recall where I saw some GPS coordinates so maybe that's a good place. Yet i haven't ever used such info beforehand. Thanks ahead of the time. Tired n dumb GPA.

Your best bet will be to look into the flight record. Please go to the link below and upload your flight record. You can then see the last location of your Spark on the map. You can also share the link of your uploaded flight record with us if you need any further assistance.

As long as the bird was still powered (and it was with image you had on screen), then the GPS co-ords should be about right.
Still had wifi connection to device so must have been VERY close by !!!

The flight logs might have a better more accurate location, worth getting these and posting up for review.
Good to be armed with both and compare, should be relatively close.

Put both into google maps and check map and sat view as to how close, and sat view might help you nail down best place to start looking with a feature or features you can relate to on the ground.

Good luck !!

Reactions: Wyojet
Your best bet will be to look into the flight record. Please go to the link below and upload your flight record. You can then see the last location of your Spark on the map. You can also share the link of your uploaded flight record with us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks for your valuable tips, I will do that. But I suck at IT stuff, too ole of a paradog. I will try to upload as you advised. Thanks Ty

As long as the bird was still powered (and it was with image you had on screen), then the GPS co-ords should be about right.
Still had wifi connection to device so must have been VERY close by !!!

The flight logs might have a better more accurate location, worth getting these and posting up for review.
Good to be armed with both and compare, should be relatively close.

Put both into google maps and check map and sat view as to how close, and sat view might help you nail down best place to start looking with a feature or features you can relate to on the ground.

Good luck !!
Thanks for sharing your expertise, I'll certainly do as you guys have suggested. Thanks Ty

Funny how so many Mrs's are gifted that way as you point out.... :eek:

Posting your log here will help is give you an educated guess at where best to look. As a grandpa myself I feel for ya.
Thanks for the kind reply n advice. Yep, this gal is a real sweetheart, do I here $50 bucks? lol. She saved my life n thought I owed her somehow 8yrs ago. I knew red flags were continuously popping up. I was on Fentanyl patches for 5yrs n my sweet wife at the time was just waiting for me to die. I guess I can't blame her for leaving me after 25 yrs. Once the paycheck stopped so did she. Don't fall asleep on your watch guys. I honestly never saw it coming. Waaaaaaa, thanks Ty

Ty, feel for ya mate, keep your chin up, go find that baby of yours, and carry on enjoying life.

The logs are very easy to find, at least on the i device setup through itunes on the device.
Not sure about the nadroid devices, but should be similarly easy.

I've only looked at one flight log, my brother-in-laws Air he flew into a cliff not long ago.
It is VERY interesting being able to see flight on map, stick inputs, warning etc, all can give you a very good idea of events, as well as the map and such.
Of course your 'find my drone' should be showing where it went down too, just good to have all the info you can to compare for the search.

By posting up the logs (.txt and .dat) people here can help out more with a good spot to start, there are several over on Mavicpilots that are pretty awesome at this drone S&R thing :)

Again, good luck with the search and look forward to seeing some experts help when you get your data link posted.

Thanks for the kind reply n advice. Yep, this gal is a real sweetheart, do I here $50 bucks? lol. She saved my life n thought I owed her somehow 8yrs ago. I knew red flags were continuously popping up. I was on Fentanyl patches for 5yrs n my sweet wife at the time was just waiting for me to die. I guess I can't blame her for leaving me after 25 yrs. Once the paycheck stopped so did she. Don't fall asleep on your watch guys. I honestly never saw it coming. Waaaaaaa, thanks Ty
Opioids are a bad deal, however Suboxone saved my mom... Glad you cleaned up. Drones are a much safer addiction.:cool:

After you actually locate it, the REAL fun starts. This Easter I got my Spark stuck near the top of a tree (after more than 2 years of incident-free flying!). Anywho, I had to climb half-way up and shake it like a MF until it came down. Nice thing is the Spark is pretty tough and the 50-60' fall didn't damage it one bit. YMMV. Good luck!

I'm very new to all this Drone lifestyle and loving it. Unfortunately I'm not very tech savvy and would really like to see my flight logs. Would someone please post a link to step by step instructions on how I can do this. Thank you!

I'm very new to all this Drone lifestyle and loving it. Unfortunately I'm not very tech savvy and would really like to see my flight logs. Would someone please post a link to step by step instructions on how I can do this. Thank you!

The general DJI flight records can be accessed from the main page ( the one with a picture) of the DJI go4 app by tapping the 3 bars at the top right of screen to open a drop down menu and selecting flight records.

For a more detailed version showing every second of a flight, follow the instructions posted here.

Step 1. Create an account in Airdata.

Step 2. Link your DJI account with it.

Step 3. Sync your flight records on the DJI Go4 app to cloud.

The attached screenshots show you how to complete step 2 and 3.

Attachments

• Airdata setup.jpg
    Airdata setup.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 15
  • DJIGo4 log sync.jpg
    DJIGo4 log sync.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Andro and Sgt2231

I lost my spark a week ago overnight. Similar to you. I saw the last thing it saw. And didn't know that find my drone has a feature to make noise and flash it's lights. I did find it the next day on the ground. I now have reflective tape so I can find it in the dark. Good luck!

Reactions: Sgt2231

Awesome, Thank you very much!!

Reactions: nilanjan118
Hmm. Never tried "Find my drone." I'm about to go out to the practice field, so maybe I'll land it somewhere out in the grass and try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav