Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Finally registered my drone and took the Canadian exam

Reluctantly I registered my spark and did the exam, all for $15. Couldn't believe how difficult that was and how it was mostly nothing to do with drones... I passed, but barely. Anyone else out there?
==================

Indeed the questions about Drones per say is minimal. What I find annoying is that TC, does not offer a study guide or refers to a study guide but rather seems to want to promote Schools. Most likely for Advance Pilot License the school route will be a must, but for the basic license, they could have offer a study guide as oppose to through us into mystery lane. But hey, like you I passed by the seat of my pants on the first try, and considering that I have never piloted a real plane or a drone....I was pretty happy !

Reactions: Stanlee and Haggi
Is there a way I can take the exam and get certified despite being an American citizen?
I'd love to fly next time I'm up there but want to be legal

Reactions: Spark 317
Is there a way I can take the exam and get certified despite being an American citizen?
I don't believe you can take the test if you are not Canadian. Maybe that will change. I think you can ask for a permit to fly here, but perhaps others know...

I think the only thing this certification allowed for me is peace of mind that I am officially allowed to fly. I used to feel like I was encroaching on other people's space and it was negative and not well viewed.

-------------------------------

IF :You are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a corporation incorporated by or under the laws of Canada or a province

You will need a SFOC.....

If you want to fly your drone outside the rules, you will need to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC).

Foreign operators

If you are a foreign operator (that is, you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a corporation incorporated by or under federal or provincial and you want to fly in Canadian airspace), you must have an approved SFOC to fly a drone for any purpose (recreational, work or research).

You must already be allowed to use the drone for the same purpose in your home country. Include your country’s approval or authorization with your application for the SFOC.

I don't know if anyone actually wanted registration and certification but now that you have it, fly in acordance with the regulations and enjoy.

I did the basic exam, you have 90 mins and you can google all your answers, no need for study material. For people who complain about how restrictive the rules are you obviously weren't following the previous rules. We gained 100' in elevation, night flight, and can sell our services commercially. Worth the $15 for sure.

Reactions: RobCarson
-------------------------------

IF :You are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a corporation incorporated by or under the laws of Canada or a province

You will need a SFOC.....

If you want to fly your drone outside the rules, you will need to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC).

Foreign operators

If you are a foreign operator (that is, you are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a corporation incorporated by or under federal or provincial and you want to fly in Canadian airspace), you must have an approved SFOC to fly a drone for any purpose (recreational, work or research).

You must already be allowed to use the drone for the same purpose in your home country. Include your country’s approval or authorization with your application for the SFOC.

Oh. I thought you were protecting your airspace from us American terrorists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar