Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First flight, gimbal overloaded

Festijn

Join
Jun 28, 2017
Hi,

After a couple of flights with the simulator I went outside for my first real flight. Strangly I received the message 'Gimbal overloaded'. I shut down my spark and rc. When I looked at the Gimbal the camera was in a postion 30 degrees up instead of zero.
I could move the inside camera down. After a new retry everything went fine and I had a great flight.

I was wondering if the cause of the camera up is due to the default box. I noticed when I first unboxed my spark the camera was up. The same yesterday when I took it out of the box. I suppose because the box has a sloping cut part.
Is this something I have to worry about? Or can I always move the camera down.

Ps I have ordered a Gimbal protector but I have to wait two weeks for it.

Thanks for replying
Festijn

Gimbal overloaded is usually due to the camera being weirdly positioned during transport or storage. Maybe someone was sleepy at dji factory while packing yours :)

I had gimbal overload just before takeoff on one flight but it was due to a piece of grass pushing gimbal up lol

It's almoust impossible to not have it straight while parking it in the box. Not in the original default box and not in the one I bought. Almost every time my camera is 30 degrees up when I take it out of the box.
Should I cut out the slope? But then the Gimbal is not supported.

I'm surprised you don't have the same problem.

I hope meanwhile it doesn't hurt my camera/Gimbal.

It's almoust impossible to not have it straight while parking it in the box. Not in the original default box and not in the one I bought. Almost every time my camera is 30 degrees up when I take it out of the box.
Should I cut out the slope? But then the Gimbal is not supported.

I'm surprised you don't have the same problem.

I hope meanwhile it doesn't hurt my camera/Gimbal.
Could you post a picture, would be nice to see it.

Hmm never have a problem with the box.. Indeed as dronason said, could you post a picture?

Gimbal overload seems to be pretty normal. It clears up for me after a minute or so. Anything in the way of it will cause the overload.

Same, restart and all fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis