Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flew up to 350 ft and Spark took off. Lost forever. DJI's respnse:

cvansice

Join
Sep 27, 2017
So I flew straight up and the Spark flew away to be lost forever. I sent my logs to DJI and below is their response. Unbelievable. The flight record just ended so they can't verify what happened. No ****. Then they offer 30% off coupon. What a joke.
For your claimed case xxxxxxx, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. APP Account: xxxxxxxxx Date and time of the incident:17/09/2017 20:07:35(UTC+8)
2.The aircraft was working in GPS mode, and responded to the RC command well.
3.T=01:58, H=106m, D=14.3m, the flight record interrupted.
4.The pilot was pushing 100% throttle stick up before interruption.
The home point: 44.9374006 -85.2717128
The last point: 44.9373214 -85.2715682
With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards. Sorry for the inconvenience.
We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for Spark (Alpine white)aircraft without remote: https://store.dji.com/product/spark?from=menu_products
If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”. And when you place the order online, would you like it ship to the US?
Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

So I flew straight up and the Spark flew away to be lost forever.
What exactly did you see after you flew it straight up?

Did you check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened? You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

What exactly did you see after you flew it straight up?

Did you check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened? You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Appreciate the help but I've ben through all that on another forum. There nothing unusual until it just goes blank and flies off.

Interesting the "flight record just ended". This sounds like the firmware crashes on the Spark. I would think that DJI by now knows the symptoms of their issue (firmware malfunction) and I guess "light record just ended" is one of them.

Press harder and communicate to DJI that you are discussing their issue on an intern'l forum ...

Appreciate the help but I've ben through all that on another forum.
So, what did you hope to gain by rehashing the incident here?

Reactions: The Editor
Interesting the "flight record just ended". This sounds like the firmware crashes on the Spark. I would think that DJI by now knows the symptoms of their issue (firmware malfunction) and I guess "light record just ended" is one of them.

Press harder and communicate to DJI that you are discussing their issue on an intern'l forum ...

I did. Going to spread the word to many other places if there isn't a better solution. Going to give them a chance first.

Reactions: Adrian
Well, since I wouldn't fly any of my drones straight up above me to 350 feet, and at full throttle no less, I'll likely not have that issue. Thanks, tho.
What kind of comment is this?
Going straight up to 350ft is a legit use case, if you want constant altitude fly-over footage. And then we have no clue what exactly causes these firmware crashes. It could happen to *you* anytime at whatever *you* consider save flight behaviour ...

We better all know about the current issues Spark has and that it can happen anytime, although with a very small probability only.

Appreciate the help but I've ben through all that on another forum. There nothing unusual until it just goes blank and flies off.
If you can't be bothered to upload that file using the link kindly provided by msinger you could at least post a link to that "other forum", the last time we had a "DJI are only offering me a 30% discount" complaint it turned out the guy started a dronie with 22% battery left...

And no one here needs to be "warned" about the DJI rule you're unhappy about, the rules are clear, be it DJI or Parrot, no damaged drone, no replacement. Yeah it sucks, but accidents will happen when you fly a tiny drone out of sight.

Awareness so others know that this could happen to any one at any time.
All we know is your Spark crashed/landed somewhere unexpected. Without more information, we don't know if this is due to a malfunction or pilot error.

It's simply a comment from someone who understands from experience that 350 feet straight up is not the best situation for a good signal.
I know, but lost signal isn't the issue here.

After I've seen the video with a Spark falling out of the sky, I am a lot less sceptical about those reports about malfunctions. IMHO, DJI really needs to adopt a graceful policy in case of lost drones.

"And no one here needs to be "warned" about the DJI rule you're unhappy about, the rules are clear, be it DJI or Parrot, no damaged drone, no replacement. Yeah it sucks, but accidents will happen when you fly a tiny drone out of sight."

FYI: It wasn't out of site. I could see it above my and watched it fly away. Maintained line of site at all times, as usual, until it flew away.

Yes, it's normal when the downlink drops.

When the downlink drops? Data is no longer sent back to the remote controller. If the remote controller is still connected, you can still fly the Spark (even though it'll appear to be disconnected in DJI GO).

If the remote controller disconnects too, the Spark will automatically initiate RTH after 3 seconds. In your case, it appears your Spark might have switched to ATTI mode and drifted away with the wind. If that happened, that would explain why it could not return back to the home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar