Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Focus

andyfinsterwald

Join
Dec 22, 2018
I've attached a small Superman action figure to my Spark. It flies great, but I can't get the close object to focus at the same time as the ground below focuses. Anyone know what I can do to focus near and far?

Fun idea! However I don’t think you can get supe sharp at that distance. The spark has fixed focus and only focuses on objects further away. Perhaps you could add the figure in post using green screen?

I've attached a small Superman action figure to my Spark. It flies great, but I can't get the close object to focus at the same time as the ground below focuses. Anyone know what I can do to focus near and far?

You might experiment with the shallow focus option in the photo settings.

I don't think it works for video.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info guys! I had the feeling that I can't do anything with the focus, but figured I'd ask, to make sure. I got it somewhat less blurry, then thought that might be exactly what I need! Everyone will know it's Superman, so this is the way I'm gonna go. I'll add a short clip on here, in a little while. Then the full version when I'm done with it.

If you got the figurine far enough from lens it will come into focus.

Maybe bend a coat hanger such that Superman is farther below and forward of camera but still same position in frame (forced perspective). You will need to hand launch and land but it should work.

Let's see how dedicated to this you are :D

Reactions: dannyepron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit