Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Forgot the OTG cable...Wifi pairing didn't work with RC

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
Yesterday I went to a trip at the mountains, I had a small window of 15 mins to take a video with my spark, unfortunately the trip was decided at the last minute and I forgot the OTG cable, so I tried to pair my android HTC phone with the RC with the password 12341234 but it won't connect!!
I deleted the RC wifi by using ''forget network'' and re-entering the password but it was still bugging.
Using OTG disable wifi pairing or what?
I remember using Wifi once just before using OTG when I bought it but since I use OTG there are no ways to use Wifi again

Try resetting the Wi-Fi password back to the default setting by following these steps:

1) Power on the remote controller.
2) Press and hold the power button until you hear two series of beeps (takes about 12 seconds to complete).
3) Power off the remote controller and power it back on.

Reactions: thewhatever
I've made the same mistake myself. Seems that connecting via WiFi gets finicky after a software update it two. Perhaps it erases some necessary settings.

So now I check wifi connection at home after each firmware and software update.

Can waste lots of time and battery life trying to fix this in the field. Ever since then I carry second OTG cable (and second micro SD card) in a pocket deep in my carry bag. That's my "belt and suspenders" approach.

yep I should get another OTG cable, like that I keep one in my camera backpack and another in the Spark bag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502