Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

fstop.Labs Sunshade for Spark

Nikon1

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
South Jersey
Thanks to the people at fstop.Labs for the free Sunshade for Spark. It just arrived and installation was a snap.

E874005F-E738-4332-BA5E-58F8FAB667AB_zpsz6aotyeh.jpg
737588DF-3A7E-4D96-9CAC-446AABE67EE2_zpscxlgtyuy.jpg
BE34AD1E-BC57-463A-9E8C-74D7A4EDB502_zpsdis82sij.jpg

These are the 3D printed prototypes that were offered here for Pilots to evaluate.

My first thought was, Why the offset of the left side (looking at the camera) and then, as the picture above shows, the camera is offset to the left in the camera gimbal.

I'll try to get outside tomorrow and get some pictures - but Mother Nature may not cooperate and we may have rain.

My first impression was it's very easy to fit the shade to the camera and it matches the black of the gimbal. While I won't crash my Spark, I may try a slightly harder landing than normal to ensure that the Sunshade mount will survive a hard landing.

Again - this is a preproduction 3D printed evaluation copy that fstop. Labs supplied to me.

@Nikon1 Please tell me that this sunshade does NOT mount to the "free floating" gimbal.

It does mount to the sides of the gimbal. The camera itself is able to swing up and down freely within the gimbal.

Hoping to fly tomorrow and test it out.

It does mount to the sides of the gimbal. The camera itself is able to swing up and down freely within the gimbal.

Hoping to fly tomorrow and test it out.
Eek...Okay thanks!

Also, did you have any sun glare issues during the time you've been flying the Spark?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme