Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal protection

Adrianvert

Join
Feb 13, 2018
I purchased a gimbal protector and it put a little mark on my gimbal (it's fine only a very fine scratch). I threw it away immediately kind of annoyed as I've only had the drone 2 weeks.

Anyway. Does anyone always use a gimbal protector? Or never? Anyone broke a gimbal while travelling? I use the Flymore bag, camera upwards with a little bubble wrap over it.

BONUS TOPIC!
- Anyone use/ think that controller stick protection is necessary?

Mine has never left any scratches. I use it all the time while flying. You can see mine in my avatar.
I also pack it away with the solid protector. Meant for just that. For storing and travel. It keeps the gimbal fixed.

I to use fly more bag and not being a hard case I chose to use gimble cover and rc stick cover both from (pgy tech) and very happy with the protection and finish of the 2 products.

I never use a gimbal cover/protector. I keep/store my Spark in a GPC specific case or the original foam case it came in. I've travelled with my Spark extensively including putting it in a "top case" on the back of my motorcycle and travelled hundred of miles off-road on crappy roads (rocky, washboard where it felt like I was riding a Jack Hammer) with everything in the case bouncing around and my Spark held up with no damage or scratches. Some of those off-road miles, the Spark was simply stored in its foam case...

I purchased a gimbal protector and it put a little mark on my gimbal (it's fine only a very fine scratch). I threw it away immediately kind of annoyed as I've only had the drone 2 weeks.

Anyway. Does anyone always use a gimbal protector? Or never? Anyone broke a gimbal while travelling? I use the Flymore bag, camera upwards with a little bubble wrap over it.

BONUS TOPIC!
- Anyone use/ think that controller stick protection is necessary?

Some of those off-road miles, the Spark was simply stored in its foam case...

Yep. If it's good enough for shipping around the world, it should be just fine for safe travels.

Reactions: ELD.visuals

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme