Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS on phone

edlloyd

Join
Oct 9, 2018
hi all. first day of flying trying out the quickshot modes. it kept saying i was in a restricted zone when i know i was not. the record button was greyed out and would not start any quickshot modes. only thing i thought of was that my gps on my phone was off. when i turned it on, i was able to record and use quickshot modes. so here is my confusion. does the gps have to be on on the phone for the app to recognize the area you are in? i thought that went off the gps on the drone.

Go4 App uses you phone for location is my understanding, and if you read in your privacy settings, disabling Dji access to GPS disables the above listed functions

They're basically following the Chinese government model, total control of its people. The first drone that comes out with comparable features but less baby sitting, my spark will be posted to eBay

You can turn on all the baby sitting stuff and then put your phone in airplane mode so the app stays offline and can’t communicate with DJI .
I use a mini 4 iPad that stays in airplane mode . Dji will never see my info . Not that it would matter as I live in remote northern Alberta . I just don’t care for baby sitting services

We don't need GPS on our device (phone or tablet) to operate our spark.

Spark has its own GPS receiver built in.

And we can use spark in gesture mode, without any controller and device connected.

OP's problem seems to be a temporary glitch in go4 app, or (if it happens all the time) an issue of go4 installation, or even an incompatibility issue.

iOS or Android?
Versions of OS and go4?
Controller or not?

They're basically following the Chinese government model, total control of its people. The first drone that comes out with comparable features but less baby sitting, my spark will be posted to eBay

The alternative might already be available. If you don't like the DJI app and its actions, take a look at the Autel EVO. A bit of a step up from the Spark as far as function and $'s but the app just works....NO overwatch. I have had nothing but trouble with the DJI app and am still using 4.1.15 which is best for my devices. On the other hand, the Autel app works on every device I have tried...Maybe take a look ?

first dont fly within 2 miles.. 5 miles they say is just a warning it gives but 2 it wont let you fly so find a place to fly thats not near anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy