Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS Tracker

AlanMS

Join
Jan 20, 2019
Hello all,
After suffering a recent premature Spark departure (flyaway) I am interested in a GPS tracker that I can attach to a Spark, Mavic Pro etc. Anyone able to offer suggestions and/or advice in this regard?
Much appreciated!

Have you consider the Marco Polo radio tracker? It's a good fit for the Spark due to its small size.

Reactions: AlanMS
I don't yet have a tracker but another option that looks promising is the Loc8tor. Less than 1/2 the cost, RF, 400 ft.

I suggest the trackimo tracker. it's what I've been using aside from Loc8tor it's cheaper but it's a big bigger but when it comes to connectivity or GPS tracking ability I consider it superior to the Loc8tor.

Reactions: AlanMS
I suggest the trackimo tracker. it's what I've been using aside from Loc8tor it's cheaper but it's a big bigger but when it comes to connectivity or GPS tracking ability I consider it superior to the Loc8tor.

I agree that GPS is better than a radio tracker but you may have to pay a monthly service fee for the GPS.

There's a few months in the winter that the Spark may not get flown yet you're still paying a fee. Unless you can pay monthly as you use it?

Marco Polo trackers are radio based with a two mile range and require no monthly fee. It's like a beefed up Loc8tor.

Whether we pay a fee or not, it's peace of mind knowing we may have a second chance on finding a lost Spark so I guess it depends how much is it worth in the long run when it may be cheaper to buy another Spark if it gets lost.

Reactions: AllAllen and AlanMS
I agree that GPS is better than a radio tracker but you may have to pay a monthly service fee for the GPS.

There's a few months in the winter that the Spark may not get flown yet you're still paying a fee. Unless you can pay monthly as you use it?

Marco Polo trackers are radio based with a two mile range and require no monthly fee. It's like a beefed up Loc8tor.

Whether we pay a fee or not, it's peace of mind knowing we may have a second chance on finding a lost Spark so I guess it depends how much is it worth in the long run when it may be cheaper to buy another Spark if it gets lost.
Yeah but the tracker doesn't only work for drones though could stick it into your partner's car and track where they're about to go to avoid cheating(a bit obsessive lol) but it could used in a multitude of ways.

Or you could use a simple kids gps tracker smartwatch, as this one for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Auntwhale-Children-Smartwatch-Anti-Lost-Smartphone/dp/B079338H1J/
It is way cheaper, it is also light and it may be used also to track your kid or pet. As for the fee... if it is used just for the drone, one may just buy another sim-card if it is used seldom, or maybe use a paid GSM service if used daily (as smartwatch).
The only thing not ok and to which indeed the M.P is way better - it needs cell coverage...

Hello all,
After suffering a recent premature Spark departure (flyaway) I am interested in a tiny GPS tracker to attach to Spark, Mavic Pro etc. Anyone able to offer suggestions and/or advice in this regard?
Much appreciated!

I like the Flytrex Live module. It can take the phantom data stream home by simply adding power. If my phantom disappears into my sight, all I have to do is call up the Flytrex site and look at the last position of my phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex