Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has the Spark been discontinued??

cb4017

Join
Jun 3, 2019
Hello Folks. After careful consideration I have decided to get a Spark. I've had a DJI P3A and a Mavic Pro in the past. They were great drones but for my casual use they were more than I needed and quite honestly a PITA to haul around.

Well, I've noticed a couple things during my research the last few days.

Sparks are out of stock on the DJI website.

On the B&H Video site the Spark with Controller and the Fly More package shows as being discontinued. If I get one the Fly More package for around $500 seems like the way to go.

Amazon and Best Buy have them available but I'm wondering if the Spark is being cleared out in preparation of the Spark Pro or whatever it's going to be called.

I don't want to get a Spark then have buyer's remorse in a few months, wishing I had waited. Just wondering what the general consensus is.

Thanks!

There is always something better coming next . Look at what’s out there . If you like what you see buy it . Use it for a couple years then upgrade it

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Rumours abound about a Spark2 coming soon... might be this summer. Lots of retailers here have bunches of our current Spark... Makes sense if they are going to roll out something that they drain the inventory on their site. Notice that it says "Spark Family" on their product page now....

It is possible, but if you fancy a spark, and they are discounted in price, I’d get one, rather than pay an inflated price for the new model.

Reactions: ajkm and Kev93
Great deals on DJI Spark refurbs on Drone Nerds right now, just in case you were interested in going that route.

Thanks for the input folks. I'm leaning toward just getting it, especially if I can get the package deal for the Amazon price. Think I'll take a drive to Best Buy.

I have no problem with DJI refurbs but those are out of stock also.

That didn't turn out quite as planned. Drove 120 miles round trip to Best Buy just to be told they would not honor the Amazon price. Kind of irritating.

So, when I got home I ordered it from Amazon. Should be here Wednesday. Added bonus I didn't have to pay sales tax. I also ordered an OTG cable and range extender reflectors.

Reactions: StephenTinky
You will be happy with your purchase, it is one tough cookie and flys like a dream. It is so fast to get up in the air and once flying it takes beautiful videos as you will notice on this sight. From what I have read it looks like the Spark 2 will have a 3 axis gimbal and shoot in 4 K but if you fly carefully you can get great looking shots with 1080 P and the Spark 1⚡⚡

Spark is a great done and you wont regret buying especially if you pick up some cheap accessories i.e. landing legs, case, gimbal guard etc.

I think it is a real possibility that a Spark 2 is coming in July. That would really get my attention and push me towards a purchase (I wouldn't sell Spark 1 though).

Even though I have a P3 and P4, Spark is my favourite drone and travels everywhere with me.

Spark IMHO is a little legend.

Rumours abound about a Spark2 coming soon... might be this summer. Lots of retailers here have bunches of our current Spark... Makes sense if they are going to roll out something that they drain the inventory on their site. Notice that it says "Spark Family" on their product page now....

OK - must go on the Spark area of the web site and look at this !!!

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
All these comments from respected long term members of the Forum make me feel very good about owning my Spark-Best Buy May 2018 (I’m from the UK).

The Spark in my humble opinion was on of the few errors DJI made......they UNDERESTIMATED what it could do in the hands of folks who they themselves got more than they thought possible

My Spark arrived today. Got her initialized, updated and ready to go. I went ahead and bought the DJI Care Refresh at the same time.

Unfortunately, afternoon thunderstorms and wind make flying today impossible. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: DaysOfNoah
Don’t forget to put a SD card in so you can take a selfie of the happy pilot [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: cb4017
Hello Folks. After careful consideration I have decided to get a Spark. I've had a DJI P3A and a Mavic Pro in the past. They were great drones but for my casual use they were more than I needed and quite honestly a PITA to haul around.

Well, I've noticed a couple things during my research the last few days.

Sparks are out of stock on the DJI website.

On the B&H Video site the Spark with Controller and the Fly More package shows as being discontinued. If I get one the Fly More package for around $500 seems like the way to go.

Amazon and Best Buy have them available but I'm wondering if the Spark is being cleared out in preparation of the Spark Pro or whatever it's going to be called.

I don't want to get a Spark then have buyer's remorse in a few months, wishing I had waited. Just wondering what the general consensus is.

Thanks!
I have a 2017 Spark in Alpine White with the 'Fly More" package extras that I'm looking to sell for $450. Excellent condition. Call or text me at 415-672-8137 if you're interested.

@cb4017 so happy for you. I bought my yellow spark fly more for around $475 brand new from an authorized retailer on eBay. (Best offer accepted). Just over a month ago. Zero regrets. Enjoy it and post some great photos or videos when you get a chance!

I’ve bought tons and tons of accessories. :)

When I bought my spark, I found it on craigslist. about a 70mile drive. It was the fly more combo for $350. I've been very happy with it. Very easy to carry around too. I've had a couple of P2s, a yuneec croma and all sorts of tiny cheap ones. Love the spark the most. Mainly cause it is easy to pack up and travel all over with it.

Given all the latest regulations around drone flying, eBay etc are awash with good options to buy Spark at significantly reduced prices. There are many owners who are simply not prepared to do the online exam to get certification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme