Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

height setting

Xtian1206

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Im excited to claim my FLY MORE COMBO later after work. I plan to be familiarized with it by Friday and be ready to confidently fly it on Saturday in Canada for a camping weekend on a Provincial park.

I have read all regulations to flying in Canada and looks like im able to fly it there.

my question is, is there any way that I can set a maximum height that the drone can fly to?

for recreation purposes looks like I can only fly up to 90m (295feet) and If I am able to, id like to LOCK the drone at that height so I don't get in trouble.

this is my first drone and I am not familiar with its settings yet so I thank you much for any help.

You can set the max flight altitude in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.PNG

Reactions: Xtian1206
Just a quick one regarding the answer from msinger. You can only make that change when the remote is connected with your drone.

If you try and find this setting without connecting the remote, you won't find it. I mention this as I was unable to find this function until I tried it with the controller. Hope this helps!

You can only make that change when the remote is connected with your drone.
Good point.

When flying with only a mobile device, the Spark will only be able to reach a max altitude of about 50 meters (164 feet).

Perhaps 50 meters is the maximum limit for the WiFi signal.

Thanks a lot guys.... flying it in this weekend looks feasible and feasible...

now if I can just get hold of my Spark sooner.....

Thanks a lot guys.... flying it in this weekend looks feasible and feasible...

now if I can just get hold of my Spark sooner.....
Enjoy! It's a different feeling with the controller! Very very fun.

got too excited i found a reason to skip going to my other job!

i had initial troubles activating my spark though. wonder if setting it up down at the basement had anything to do with it (trying to keep this purchase on the down low.. lol)

when i finally was able to activate it, i tried to have it take off via the RC and i got a prompt that i was near a hazard location of sorts and to be careful with taking off! i later remembered im 9.5 miles away from an airforce base!!

im taking a break from setting this puppy up(trying to make it not obvious im up to something) but would anyone know if 9.5 miles is far enough for me to legally fly the spark at home?

i was able to get the gesture function partially going though palm takeoff and landing...i still have to memorize the gesture commands i guess..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502