Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from the Space Coast, Florida

MrMcFly

Join
Dec 10, 2017
Loc
Melbourne, FL
I just received my Spark Fly-More package, and look forward to some "compact" flyin'.

I currently fly a Phantom 3 Advanced, so I'm not new to DJI UAVs, and I've been flying
quads for about 3 years total. (Non-GPS birds too) I've only got the Spark in the air twice,
and it's not a bad little bird.

When not in Sport Mode, it seems pretty sluggish in comparison to the P3A, BUT that
slower speed does translate into smooth(er) video. In Sport mode the little bugger is
quicker, but still turns slow (to me). (It IS Sport Mode after all)

Hopefully I'll get some air time this week... it IS the crazy time of year, I hope real life
stays out of my fun!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

You got me at "Space Coast":)

My co pilot and I got to visit the Cape and watched the STS-125 launch, last mission to the Hubble telescope in May 2009.

IT WAS AWSOME !!

Welcome to the Forum.

Great for launches, not so great for UAVs. Before, during and after launches, a "No Fly" TFR is put into effect, and even though I was
about a mile (more like two) away, the Spark thought I was still in the TFR Area, and put up the "fly at your own risk" message. Only problem is I couldn't click YES to remove the message. It was very windy, and I stayed below 50 feet AGL (well below the 200ft AGL limit IN the TFR.

It seems the DJI GPS and real world maps have a bit of a discrepancy. I was only showing the Spark to a fellow enthusiast, so I
didn't miss anything, but being well outside restricted airspace seems to still be restricted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast