Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help - connection issues

TokeDK

Join
Jun 3, 2021
The entire time I've had my DJI Spark I've had connection issues. The video feed almost never works, although controls always work in decent rage...

I've tried resetting the drone through computer and also resetting the rc. I'm in a area with zero interference except from my phone, within 1 m of the drone antennas adjusted per dji's recommendations... I am in eu with ce limitations.

I hope there's anyone in here that can help me forward, as it's near impossible to fly properly without a video feed...

See video for example.

In advance, thanks.

Small addition to RotorWash’s excellent point (what’s he doing up at this hour in the morning!!)-I always turn on aeroplane mode to ensure no interference from anything. Plus of course my trusty OTG cable.

I would say to download the manual on DJI and read it carefully. If you un bond the controller from the remote to fly it by hand you have to re bond it. It really should quickly show the spark in your in your settings. Choose it as the source and you're good to go. I also use a OTG cable at times but not always because the Spark will connect so quickly and its just faster without it.

Reactions: twickers14
Welcome to the forum ..I hope you're able to fly soon. I know it's very frustrating.

Small addition to RotorWash’s excellent point (what’s he doing up at this hour in the morning!!)-I always turn on aeroplane mode to ensure no interference from anything. Plus of course my trusty OTG cable.
Do you use a high speed SD card?

Ugh! Not sure what I use but it says on the mini-SD card SanDisk, Ultra Plus, 32GB. Does that answer the question?

Noticed at the end of your video that it appears you're using bluetooth headphones. Have you tried the Spark without any bluetooth enabled nearby including on your mobile and/or person (wearables)? Have you ever tried an OTG cable?

Good catch RotorWash. ?

as it's near impossible to fly properly without a video feed...

As mentioned above, turn off the Bluetooth.

The Spark performs much better with an OTG cable.

It’s On The Go I think but others will explain more expertly. I have found it absolutely invaluable when flying my Spark. Of course the MA2 has one built in.

Reactions: Spark 317
Is it possible if you fly a spark and a MP with same app on same phone , you get bad video on the phone while flying spark ?
I see some strange settings in RC settings menu . It allways displays the setup for a MP RC .

Is it possible if you fly a spark and a MP with same app on same phone , you get bad video on the phone while flying spark ?
I see some strange settings in RC settings menu . It allways displays the setup for a MP RC .
I use the same app/phone for both my Spark and MZ. App knows which one I am using automatically. Are you using a R/C with the Spark? Can't use the MP R/C on the Spark....just won't work.

No each drone with its own RC . But in RC settings menu in the DJI go4 app , I can select all buttons of the MP RC when Spark and spark RC are connected. Normally it should only be C1 and C2 .
But if I only use Litchi everything seems to be normal.
You might check it yourself . If you fly spark , go to RC settings menu and look if the layout of the RC shown is spark or mavic .

No each drone with its own RC . But in RC settings menu in the DJI go4 app , I can select all buttons of the MP RC when Spark and spark RC are connected. Normally it should only be C1 and C2 .
But if I only use Litchi everything seems to be normal.
You might check it yourself . If you fly spark , go to RC settings menu and look if the layout of the RC shown is spark or mavic .
Nope...shows the Spark RCScreenshot_20211223-110555.png

Thx for your reply . I tried with another phone , same error.
First connect MP with dji go 4 ( latest version) close everything and connecting spark with OTG .
But if I connect spark with wifi it seems normal .
Anyway, I mostly use Litchi so it doesn’t matter.
About videolagging , I set adaptive cache resolution on, clean videocache on auto and cache memory 4GB.
This seems to cure a little

I've tried to duplicate your problem and can't do it. Various scenarios of opening or starting components in different order gives me the same results...Go4 gives me the proper settings no matter which RC I use. Are you saying you fire up your MP first? What happens if you fire up the Spark first? Shut down everything means turn power off on all hardware AND software? Try rebooting the phone before attempting to use the Spark? MAYBE uninstalling Go4 then re-installing and setting up again (do Spark first) might help. I know that has solved a few other issues. Have you tried connecting without the OTG cable? Don't forget to set the WiFi on the phone to the RC if you do. Are you using the same DJI account to fly with the MP AND the Spark? That would be an issue if not. All else I can think of is start up order. I turn on the phone (with OTG connected) but the RC not powered. Turn on the Spark and let it do it's self check. Then turn on the RC and let it connect to the Spark and DJI Go should start up automatically. Any other order and Go4 won't fire up when they connect. If no one has any other ideas, maybe something in the phone settings. Clear the cache? Good luck

If I use WiFi connection on the spark everything is normal . But wifi minimalises the range . I have latest version of the app with “enhanced” video connection and a big screen android 10 phone . It is only the image quality , range in FCC is 2000 + meters.
I use same account for spark and MP. Good question .
can this be a problem ?
Anyway, if it should be perfect all the time , it would become boring isn’t it ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme