Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with range issues

AMGKid

Join
Feb 27, 2020
It’s been awhile since I used my Spark and I have forgotten most of what I knew about the AC firmware, RC firmware, and GO4 app version. I want my Spark to be able to have the most solid connection for TX range distance and GO4 app video reception. No other parameters or options are important to me, just need a robust a connection as possible from RC to AC with smooth video downlink. Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand the best connection method is using an OTG cable, forced setting to 2.4ghz mode in GO4 app, and using the 4.1.14 GO4 app for android. Is this setup the best for my stable range connection and video reception priority? I am currently on 01.00.1000 AC firmware and 01.00.0600 RC firmware using GO4 4.1.14 on a Galaxy Note 9 using DJI’s official short white OTG Spark cable to a straight USB-C cable. Range test today in forced 2.4ghz mode on channel 2 selected got me about 1k to 1.5k feet before video breakup in suburban environment. Any help appreciated!

I never fly my Spark without an OTG cable. For one, on my iPad Mini 4, it just saves the trouble of having to pair up the controller and Spark with the WiFi manually which gets me in the air quicker. As far as distance goes, I don't try to see how far I can fly. I have the parabolic adapter but have not ever used it.

Reactions: Spark 317
I've used the parabolic extender on my last few Litchi missions as I find that helps me keep the metrics alive... I have only flown once without an OTG cable. (Was testing an android device and I did not have the right cable). I always use Airplane mode on the phone.

I've used the parabolic extender on my last few Litchi missions as I find that helps me keep the metrics alive... I have only flown once without an OTG cable. (Was testing an android device and I did not have the right cable). I always use Airplane mode on the phone.
Hello, can you point me out to a parabolic extender (on Amazon, eBay or whatever), please?
I'm curious about this.

With no hardware or software modification , GO4 4.1.15 is the most stable one with an OTG cable.
If you want more, you can boost your transmission power with a modified go4 4.1.15.apk or a firmware modification. The last one can double your range and no more connection lost in VLOS.

With no hardware or software modification , GO4 4.1.15 is the most stable one with an OTG cable.
If you want more, you can boost your transmission power with a modified go4 4.1.15.apk or a firmware modification. The last one can double your range and no more connection lost in VLOS.
Any sources to learn more about the firmware modification?

I used ithe go 4 modded app for a day deleted it reinstalled original app now I'm stuck in FCC mode because drone thinks it's an inspire 1 instead of a spark any suggestions for how to reset it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef