Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do you set the Home point in Litchi please?

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
just purchased Litchi and struggling with a basic need...

How do you set the Home point in Litchi please? (ios 11 and iphone 6 for my DJI Spark)

-be gentle...

The home point will be automatically set when the Spark has a good GPS signal. After that point, you can tap and drag the "H" marker on the map to move the home point to another location.

The home point will be automatically set when the Spark has a good GPS signal. After that point, you can tap and drag the "H" marker on the map to move the home point to another location.
phew... that's a relief to know! I am dying to fly using the app but had a nagging doubt about Home point being elsewhere...
Thank you very much!

I believe you can also have a updated home point if your traveling with say a bike and you are now 5km's away from the original homepoint it makes no sense to have the spark return to the original homepoint. I know go app allows this

Reactions: BrianP
I believe you can also have a updated home point if your traveling with say a bike and you are now 5km's away from the original homepoint it makes no sense to have the spark return to the original homepoint. I know go app allows this
I'm hoping that each time you power up the spark, and GPS is established, the Homepoint is updated to where you actually are. (following on from msingers' great help)

I know it doesn't update to your new location with the DJI go app. I launched my drone, and it created a home point. Then had it follow me on my bicycle. About 3km's out the display showed around 20%. Initiated RTH. Took off and started RTH way back 3km's. I cancelled the RTH and tried to bring it back to my location. Obviously in a panic by now. By the time it made it's way back, the battery died and it landed between the original RTH and where I was on the bike manually controlling it. And into deep bushes. Luckily the find my drone worked and I was able to find the spark. That's where I learned that in the dji app, there is a setting where the RTH updates as your moving based on the location of the RC. Not sure if Litchi does that also

Reactions: BrianP
Yes you absolutely need to enable "Dynamic Home Point" in the DJI App if you're doing an ActiveTrack session as you found out the hard way ! When you're just connected to the Spark with your mobile it doesn't display a map and therefore will not bug you with the constant "Home Point has been updated" vocal message. With both the RC+Phone that message quickly becomes annoying !

In Litchi there is a setting to do that Help - Litchi : "
  • Dynamic Homepoint: When enabled, the home point will continuously be updated to the current location of your mobile device. Recommended in Follow mode. Android only."

Reactions: Jointeffort
Yes you absolutely need to enable "Dynamic Home Point" in the DJI App if you're doing an ActiveTrack session as you found out the hard way ! When you're just connected to the Spark with your mobile it doesn't display a map and therefore will not bug you with the constant "Home Point has been updated" vocal message. With both the RC+Phone that message quickly becomes annoying !

In Litchi there is a setting to do that Help - Litchi : "
  • Dynamic Homepoint: When enabled, the home point will continuously be updated to the current location of your mobile device. Recommended in Follow mode. Android only."

I will never recommend anyone to use this feature because you are given no control as to where the new home point gets updated. It is ok if you are active tracking in a wide open field or a road with open fields on each side. What I mean to say is that if the home point gets dynamically updated to an inaccessible terrain, you will be in big trouble. The best way I feel is to manually update the home point to the location of your mobile device when you have moved far away from your take-off point (original home point).

Reactions: Jointeffort

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme