Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How will you control your Spark?

How will you control your Spark? Most of the time

• Phone

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • DJI controller

Votes: 54 84.4%
  • Gestures

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

David Almond

Join
May 29, 2017
Loc
Media, PA
I am really glad that I got the controller so I am not constrained by the phone and wifi. How will you control your Spark?

Definitely the controller. Touch screen controls aren't as precise.

Absolutely, but I believe that with the controller you get about 2km, otherwise you are limited to 100M without the controller. Still WiFi but appears greater distance. Will be anxious to try the specs out.

I assume that the unit without the controller uses both WiFi bans but has the limited transmission range.

What is Spark’s effective transmission range?
When connected to a remote controller:
2.4 GHz
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m); SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m) (unobstructed and free of interference)
5.8 GHz
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m); SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km) (unobstructed and free of interference)
When connected directly to a mobile device:
A max height of 50 m and distance of 100 m.

Is the CE limit of 500M height, distance, or both?

Line of sight so either. Height will only be restricted to what's set in app when using the controller. Here in the UK mines set to 1000 feet (aprx 400m) as I tend to be flying with my competent spotter with me.
I'm in Yorkshire. That's more than high enough for my needs.

RC with an iPad mini 4, assuming it doesn't mess with my Mavic settings. If it does, I'll use my Samsung Tab for the Spark.

For now, just flying with the phone. It works, definitely not ideal as it's a heck of a lot easier when you've got the feel of the sticks. Will put gesture mode through it's paces tomorrow.

Reactions: David Almond
I like the notion of gestures and can't wait to try it out. I like to fly with sticks as well so happy to wait for the FM package

I like the notion of gestures and can't wait to try it out. I like to fly with sticks as well so happy to wait for the FM package

Same here. I ordered the FM because I don't want to do any distance flying without sticks. But I honestly expect to use guestures more than the remote, for my use case. I'm not sure I'll ever just use the phone though.

Reactions: David Almond
Yeah, for the spark 50m should normally be more than enough. I have a Phantom for those kinds of heights anyway.
Same. But Mavic for distance or serious shenanigans..

The idea of the Spark will be close proximity - quick upclose and personal. I just want to pocket my phone and man-bag the spark or maybe pair it up with a DSLR + camera bag.
I'll leave the complex maneuvers to the GO app - Tap fly, active track, dronie, orbit. This is why i don't see the need for the remote.

Edit - I do see why the Flymore pack is delayed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme