Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

HTML files on Micro SD card?

Mr_Mark

Join
Dec 28, 2018
Loc
Suffolk, UK
Hi, hopefully a quick and easy answer out there, but when viewing my video and image files directly off the memory card used in my Spark, there are these HTML files amongst them. Anyone know what they're for and if it matters if you delete them or not?

I haven't transferred them with my files yet, but don't know if I'm missing out from something? Everytime I fly and create new video/image files, there seems to be a new HTML file created too...20190120_170309.jpeg

The only time I see the HTML files is when I've taken a Panorama photo. Have you taken any Panos with that SD card?

The HTML file performs some indexing function that organizes and orders the individual photos that make up the Pano. I've been able to stitch a Pano after deleting them so I don't think they are important.

I believe the HTML file is created along with the pano and is supposed to be used to view the pano with a web browser. When stiching panos with ICE, HTMl files are also created. I have never gotten any of them to work.

The only time I see the HTML files is when I've taken a Panorama photo. Have you taken any Panos with that SD card?

The HTML file performs some indexing function that organizes and orders the individual photos that make up the Pano. I've been able to stitch a Pano after deleting them so I don't think they are important.
Ah ok, thanks! That leaves me to another question; why aren't the pano shots automatically stitched together? Every other camera I have that takes panos automatically stitches in camera so when I transfer the file out, it's ready to view in all its glory. With the Spark, I just get the seperate, individual frames taken to make the pano...

If you go in the Go4 gallery while spark is still connected and chose a pano (even 360°), Go4 will stitch it. Then you can export it to your device. On the SD card you have only the single pics. Stitch it with ICE (or similar) for much better quality.

If you go in the Go4 gallery while spark is still connected and chose a pano (even 360°), Go4 will stitch it. Then you can export it to your device. On the SD card you have only the single pics. Stitch it with ICE (or similar) for much better quality.
Cheers Paul, tbh I haven't even tried looking at any media through Go4 yet, I just land and switch out the SD straight away for transfer. Is ICE a mobile or desktop app and when you say better quality, do you mean in comparison to Go4?

Cheers Paul, tbh I haven't even tried looking at any media through Go4 yet, I just land and switch out the SD straight away for transfer. Is ICE a mobile or desktop app and when you say better quality, do you mean in comparison to Go4?

ICE = Microsoft Image Composite Editor

This a destop app for stitching. And yes I mean the comparison with GO4. When you make a 360° pano you get over 40 pictures. When Go4 stitch it you got a picture with 2-3mb file size, which is great for social media. With ICE you get a picture with over 100 MP which looks much better.

Reactions: Mr_Mark
Differenz GO4 vs ICE :) max zoom on the bridge (from mobile phone). Screenshot_20190121-105740.jpegScreenshot_20190121-105911.jpegScreenshot_20190121-105959.jpegScreenshot_20190121-105933.jpeg

Reactions: Mr_Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme