Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I Live in a no fly zone

DJIBILL

Join
Dec 21, 2018
I bought the spark for recreational flying and also to look at my roof. Now I can't even fly in my house or around it. In fact I have to drive close to 8 miles to fly my spark. Has anyone here tried this nolimitdronez.com

Reactions: caffeyy
I bought the spark for recreational flying and also to look at my roof. Now I can't even fly in my house or around it. In fact I have to drive close to 8 miles to fly my spark. Has anyone here tried this nolimitdronez.com
yes we all have this problem .a NFZ just means you have to find a place to fly . when i first started flying drones you could fly just about anywhere , now i have only one place to fly . are there any RC flying clubs near you if so join and fly with them .

It’s a big letdown when you 1st buy a quad, then find out the place you want to fly is a NFZ. The advertising shows people using a quad in all kinds of situations. Most of the scenarios portrayed in the commercial are illegal. (In Australia).
Please respect the rules of flight for your region, a 10 minute drive is nothing. I have driven further than that to fly, just because I wanted to fly somewhere new.
Irresponsible flyers cause problems for the entire RC flying community. The Gatwick Airport Incident, could effect our hobby world wide, by more regulation & the general public’s opinion of drones.

Reactions: Joltster
I do think there's a bit of a bait and switch in the image most people have of being able to fly their drone around everywhere, and then you get the thing and suddenly it's all much more complicated. As a practical matter flying in the same area gets boring so it's less of a big deal than you might think - do your learning in the closest convenient legal park (mine's about a 10 minute drive) and then there's kind of a treasure hunt aspect of where are areas that would be fun and legal to fly. I also always have my Spark along on road trips and I do a lot of short flights to catch scenery or whatever, usually the cleanest shot of the view from a good pullout is by popping up over some trees...

Reactions: caffeyy
NoLimitDronez is the solution you are looking for. I've used it on both a Spark and a Mavic Pro.

question.... I see that you must roll back a few firmware versions in order to get NFZ and altitude increase mods. This is so for both Spark snd Mavic. When rolling back the firmware, are there any meaningful tweaks to performance that are lost, or are the latest firmware versions merely tightening DJI's regulatory grip?? I currently run .500 on my Mavic, need to roll back to .300 to get NFZ relief thru the NLD client. Will I be losing any functionality or features if I roll back?? Thanks!

I’m assuming these mods would invalidate any DJI warranty and hamper any claims through Care Refresh?

Company claims that the info is stored on the SD card. Erase....they say, and warranty is a non-issue. However, I think a broken bird will have it's electronic signature recorded permsnently
in the ROM area. Busted..... So, I wouldn't risk a bird with current warranty or Refresh coverage, modding. The current built in 500m altitude capability of all DJI craft allows me to get up 900' from our valley floors to our ridgetops, and stay FAA legal (<400 above the highest terrain.) So, I don't need nor want to mod altitude. Modding for hopped up speeds and climb has led to ESC overheating, so I'd be careful there. It's just that NFZ that kills me.....I'm supposed to have successfully self-unlocked some blue advisory zone from my home PC.... only to arrive at the flying site and have my bird locked down@#$$!! (and you cannot self-unlock in the field with a mobile device....) So, I'm interested in ridding myself of NFZ hassle, not because I don't wish to play by the rules, but becsuse DJI didn't do their homework. They ripped right into locking things up.... just didn't think thru the pilot's side of reliably unlocking areas we have every right to fly BENEATH.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Company claims that the info is stored on the SD card. Erase....they say, and warranty is a non-issue. However, I think a broken bird will have it's electronic signature recorded permsnently
in the ROM area. Busted..... So, I wouldn't risk a bird with current warranty or Refresh coverage, modding. The current built in 500m altitude capability of all DJI craft allows me to get up 900' from our valley floors to our ridgetops, and stay FAA legal (QUOTE]

I'm just about to do my Spark without nld mod and put the firmware back to the 300 version when I bought the thing.
I never had any problems on that version and I stupidly updated I am now on the latest version on app and firmware and I'm having loads of problem's with my sparks video quality every video looks very mushy and not in focus.
When I first bought this spark my videos was brilliant looked pin sharp and the colours looked great, I think DJI actually degrads the quality at the end of its products lifes for some silly reasons it's exactly the same problems on my Mavic Pro 1 as well, oh and im having the horizon tilting on both the spark and Mavic so I think that's the Go 4 app.

in the ROM area. Busted..... So, I wouldn't risk a bird with current warranty or Refresh coverage, modding. The current built in 500m altitude capability of all DJI craft allows me to get up 900' from our valley floors to our ridgetops, and stay FAA legal (<400 above the highest terrain.) So, I don't need nor want to mod altitude. Modding for hopped up speeds and climb has led to ESC overheating, so I'd be careful there. It's just that NFZ that kills me.....I'm supposed to have successfully self-unlocked some blue advisory zone from my home PC.... only to arrive at the flying site and have my bird locked down@#$$!! (and you cannot self-unlock in the field with a mobile device....) So, I'm interested in ridding myself of NFZ hassle, not because I don't wish to play by the rules, but becsuse DJI didn't do their homework. They ripped right into locking things up.... just didn't think thru the pilot's side of reliably unlocking areas we have every right to fly BENEATH.
Let me get this straight, commercial aircraft can fly over my property but I can"t?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme