Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I Lost My DJI Spark

It is upsetting to see DJIs response to you. I had the exact same situation happen last week in the same place I have flown without issue countless times. The drone disconnected from the controller out of nowhere and it fell into the bay. I submitted my log to DJI last week and still have not received any response. Seems like a software or hardware malfunction leading to the loss of your drone would lead to more assistance than a 30% off coupon.. How long did it take for them to respond to you?

These sad accidents made me buy a water landing kit which I tested a week ago with the following test results:
- Spark flew surprisingly well with the kit, the footage remained stable
- one downside is that you cannot record video with camera pointing straight down because the styrofoam balls are in the way
- the flight time decreased to approximately 10 minutes from the previous 12-ish
- of course wind can fight against the Spark more easily due to the bigger surface

I didn't take off or landed onto the water but tried and it floated on the water with no problem. In case any malfunction would occur, at least I have the chance to recover the AC from the water since the kit prevents it from sinking.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast