Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I need help!!! Hopefully someone knows more than i do

Caco826

Join
Jul 9, 2018
I was flying my 4 day old dji spark drone in front of my.house yesterday and the battery got low and it went to return to home automatically. It was on its way well above the trees to return but then the signal was lost and it went down. I searched in find my drone and it has the red arrow. I understand that that is the last place known before signal was lost. Me and my wife searched for hours but didnt find it..there was no wind so cant see it going too far. Can anyone help me??

Hi and welcome
Sorry for the sad story, I hope you will retrieve it. After you lost the contact, it can have still traveled some distance. The direction of flight can help to extend the search area in the right direction.

It is really not easy to found a lost Spark, so small.

There is a flight log in your phone/tablet that can help other users to understand what happened.
Please check this page: DJI Flight Log Viewer
There are instructions how to get that file.
When you get your flight displayed, please copy the page address and post it here so other users could provide advise.

Hi Caco, you probably have already looked here, but just in case. Don’t forget to look high in the trees. If you’re Spark taps one of the high branches it doesn’t die & fall to the ground, it instead attempts to fly & gets dragged inside the canopy. If you use prop guards it is likely to be hanging on a branch.
I wish you the best of luck in finding your spark.

I have looked during the day and also at night with a very good flashlight and nothing yet.. .when it did hit the trees that day i did see some leavwmes falll thqts qhy i qssume it is high in the tree but the tree is about 55 feet tall...i am thinking about calling a tree company and asking them to ffo up in their bucket truck and look for it and paying them for it. Ill opload the flight today..i qould appreciate you guys helping me view the video

@Caco826 if you narrowed it down to one tree, try to find someone around your area that has a drone and could help with searching/locating it. Good luck finding it.

BTW Welcome to the board!

Thanks rafa...i have another drone so iwas gonna fly it up today and lookfor for it . I have just been busy as heck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast