Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I would have been MAD!

idbl_fanatic

Join
Jan 9, 2018
Getting ready for a trip to Oregon, and I was clearing off the SD card, packed everything up, and remembered that the card was in my PC! At least I remembered

The Velcro on the prop guard holds the strobe light I have when I use it.

20180706_162832.jpg

I have this in my SD card case and use it when I remove the card.

Reactions: Katt981
Nothing worse then taking off and then learning you forgot to drop the card back in... I've done it twice that I recall. Now it goes directly back in as soon as it is downloaded and cleared.

Last edited:
With SLRs I basically always pop in a new SD card every time I pop one out, so it's never empty. I should probably get in the same habit with the Spark. The cards are cheap.

Reactions: Katt981
The Velcro on the prop guard holds the strobe light I have when I use it.

View attachment 5896

I have this in my SD card case and use it when I remove the card.
Is that a GPS tracker on top? If so which brand? I use the trackimo pet GPS but I really like the look of their new version . I'm stuck with this ugly thing until the year of service is up however.

Attachments

• 20170909_213715.jpg
    20170909_213715.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
Is that a GPS tracker on top? If so which brand? I use the trackimo pet GPS but I really like the look of their new version . I'm stuck with this ugly thing until the year of service is up however.

It's the Loca8tor tracker.

It's not GPS but Radio Frequency good for 400'. Although they do a have GPS model.

It comes with a hand held tracker that beeps faster with lights as you get closer to it and can be programmed for up to 4 tiles.

Haven't had to use it yet other than testing it out playing hide and seek in the backyard and alley with my copilot.

Seems to work, just in case, and no fee for use.

It's the Loca8tor tracker.

It's not GPS but Radio Frequency good for 400'. Although they do a have GPS model.

It comes with a hand held tracker that beeps faster with lights as you get closer to it and can be programmed for up to 4 tiles.

Haven't had to use it yet other than testing it out playing hide and seek in the backyard and alley with my copilot.

Seems to work, just in case, and no fee for use.
Wow that's a really great option especially without having a monthly/yearly fee

Getting ready for a trip to Oregon, and I was clearing off the SD card, packed everything up, and remembered that the card was in my PC! At least I remembered
The "system" that I have with my Mavic is that whenever I take the SD card out, I collapse one of the legs and leave the rest extended. This frustrates my OCD so much, that
1) I want to insert the SD card as soon as possible
2) In case I DO forget, I know it when I pick up the Mavic to pack it.

For my recently purchased Sparky, I did not find a little trick like that yet. Maybe I'll make sure to take the battery out always together with the SD card or so.

I have a lot of little tricks like this, and they really help me, especially since I always have difficulties being focused/staying concentrated.

The "system" that I have with my Mavic is that whenever I take the SD card out, I collapse one of the legs and leave the rest extended. This frustrates my OCD so much, that
1) I want to insert the SD card as soon as possible
2) In case I DO forget, I know it when I pick up the Mavic to pack it.

For my recently purchased Sparky, I did not find a little trick like that yet. Maybe I'll make sure to take the battery out always together with the SD card or so.

I have a lot of little tricks like this, and they really help me, especially since I always have difficulties being focused/staying concentrated.
Maybe you could remove just one prop

Reactions: JoostGT3
Hahah, after posting this, I went to fly for a bit, came home, put the batteries on the charger, took the card out and thought "why not just remove one prop"! I am stitching some panos now, so thought I'd check the forum in the mean time, only to see your suggestion! I guess the phrase "Great minds think alike" is 100% applicable here... Cheers mate!

Reactions: KNAVE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast