Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Identifying your Spark after loss

tomchipps

Join
Mar 1, 2018
As well as placing labels outside and inside the Spark IE (FAA Registered ,123bla456blabla) also a reward label along with phone numbers. I also removed the micro SD card and placed a text message on it labeled
"IF FOUND.txt" and in the text message, reward info , phone numbers, etc, etc. Most people are computer savvy and would probably or maybe remove the SD card and check it out on their computer.

That is an excellent idea! Thanks for passing that along.

Good idea, I’ve been thinking about offering a reward if found. I was thinking about $40. How much are you offering?

It just occurred to me that someone that had no idea that there was a micro SD card in the Spark behind that cover might not find the card at all. I think that there should be some kind of information on the cover that alerts them to the installed card.

As well as placing labels outside and inside the Spark IE (FAA Registered ,123bla456blabla) also a reward label along with phone numbers. I also removed the micro SD card and placed a text message on it labeled
"IF FOUND.txt" and in the text message, reward info , phone numbers, etc, etc. Most people are computer savvy and would probably or maybe remove the SD card and check it out on their computer.
Brilliant! Even if someone had no knowledge of drones, the curious nature of humans would lead to pulling open hatches, doors, etc to see what's inside. And by now, everyone knows what an SD card is.

A tip for storing information on the SD card.

Don't format the card through the DJI Go4 app or it will be erased.

Format your card after dumping the previous footage to the PC and put your TEXT file back on the card before inserting back in the Spark.

Brilliant! Even if someone had no knowledge of drones, the curious nature of humans would lead to pulling open hatches, doors, etc to see what's inside. And by now, everyone knows what an SD card is.

A friend of mine found a small palm sized drone while playing disc golf.

He had no clue that drones of that size had an SD card.

I found the card but no Text file.
We watched the footage and we were able to assume where the owner lives.

When he plays that course again, he'll return it.

Unfortunately the drone suffered damage and won't fly again but the owner would probably get a kick about getting it back even it's been a few months.

I put phone number and 'reward offered' labels on my spark a week or so after I bought it. Will consider the text file too. Starting the file with an underscore: _If Found.Txt will help the file appear at the top of the list

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme