Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ILLEGAL FOOTAGE !?!?!

sheldin serju

Join
Aug 28, 2017
I recently posted this but I decided to pull it off the net with drone laws becoming so strict. I decided to try and contact the waterpark and thankfully they had no problem with it. Check it out if you havn't already and let me know what you think.

Reactions: SpeedCore
Very cool

Is it illegal if the park management approved the flight?
I'm talking about pre-flight approval, not afterwards like in this case.

Is it illegal if the park management approved the flight?
I'm talking about pre-flight approval, not afterwards like in this case.
What country?
You would also require waivers/permissions from the park visitors.
Just because the park management approved the flight either before or retroactively does not make the flight legal.
All it is is a permission to make the flight(s). It is still up to the operator/pilot to ensure the flights are made in accordance with all laws and regulations and ensure safety is not compromised - which this one didn't meet in many respects.
Just because permission is granted does not make it a legal flight.

Last edited:
Why would it brick onto someone’s head? Why would the OP use the word illegal? Enough madness!
There is a post on this forum showing a spark simply dropping out of the sky right in front of its pilot. Fortunately no-one was under it.

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
No offense, but by not checking the legality before flight, you're doing everyone who loves to fly drones a huge disservice. If every drone video pilot had been careful and considerate from day one, I'm prettty sure there would be less restrictions today. Unfortunately drone crashes/accidents/illegal flying is more popular and get more views and attention. That makes drones seem way more dangerous than they really are. I mean, especially the more advanced and pricey ones. I totally get thinking it would be awesome to film and that it's probably safe, I mean, no one got hurt this time, right?
If you check and find out that certain shots would be illegal to film and post, but you really want to do it, contact the water park, make them an offer. Make sure you have the licence and credentials you need to fly commercially. That's my thought on this. Your editing was fine and you got some sweet shots, but considering the potential outcome I can't really say I like this. I really want wanted to film with a go pro securely attached to my wrist in a theme park last year. I wasn't allowed, at first I thought it was ridiculous, then I was told why, there has been accidents where the go pro somehow got loose and actually hit someone and injured them, that's a huge liability for the park and whoever has the go pro/drone. And because some dude didn't secure his go pro properly, now no one can film with a go pro there. I think I might be repeating myself here lol. Anyways, happy safe and legal flying.

Here in Texas it is illegal to film any private property with a drone without express approval from the owner. I don't think any other states have that restriction though

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
Here in Texas it is illegal to film any private property with a drone without express approval from the owner. I don't think any other states have that restriction though
Just curious, what if you fly a drone over a private residence/property on the way to a particular destination? As long as you don't hover and take footage of a property, can you fly over it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis