Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Image transmission issues - might be where you are flying

Chips

Join
Sep 2, 2017
I wanted to capture some video of a building near my house and I stopped by the road in front of it, set up my Spark and then the screen started to have all that green mess. I suspected that it might be some interference from a power station nearby but wasn't sure. I moved up and down the road and still had the problem. So I packed up and went home. Today, I tried again and went further away, across the road and still the interference was present. It disturbed me and although the Spark is my secondary drone, I still hoped it didn't have to be retired.

So when I got home, I went to my back garden where I began droning and where conditions have always been ok. No interference and I could fly it as normally as it has ever been. When I accessed the SD card, all the imagery was clear and no green stuff, so it was a transmission problem although it also seemed to create some lag.

Conclusion: that area where I wanted to fly had very strong interference because of the power station nearby. I didn't expect its emissions to be so strong but I guess they are.

So if you encounter image transmission problems, consider the location you are at before blaming the drone or controller.

Chips

I have a power station right across the street from where I live as well as high tension power lines and also a cell tower and I do not get any interference from any of them. There may be another source of the interference in that area that is causing the problem.

I have a power station right across the street from where I live as well as high tension power lines and also a cell tower and I do not get any interference from any of them. There may be another source of the interference in that area that is causing the problem.
Maybe the shielding in such facilities in America is better. :) I also remember that about a year ago, they dug up the road and sidewalks to run a huge electrical cable underground. That too could be the cause. I'll move further along the road and see if the interference goes away, then I would conclude it is just that spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast