Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Important update

Cannot update successfully. WiFi keeps on disconnecting during update. Any tips?

For battery and Spark, the recommended way is DJI assistant. RC can be upgraded only using wifi.
Are you sure to wait enough ?

As said, updated, but I did not get notice of updating the remote.

During flight did not notice anything strange, only while trying to take off from a metal trashcan, I got a compass error which made the Spark fly out of control. Luckily it was not flying high and landed in the soft grass. So all in all did not notice anything new..... although.... [emoji57]while watching back the footage on my phone, I did notice some difference in the picture the camera took, normally I have the body like the young god Thor, but now it seems it takes the picture wrong and I look like a bald 45 year old guy ??!...... btw my gopro has the same issue [emoji57][emoji57][emoji6]

Belger, I have same problem although my camera has 6 modes
bc371492eebc224627b08740cca1075c.jpg

Reactions: BelGer and sparkpod
So, how does the spark connect to the goggles? Do you use the usb connection on the bottom of the controller? If so, that seems to disable the CrystalSky Wi-Fi connection. I can connect the goggles via the CS using the HDMI ports. I also can connect the goggles to the Spark RC via the usb port in place of the phone or CS.

Update complete, note I had to restart the dji go app a couple times to get the remote to update.

Okay updated to .600 and the "wifi setting dialog with ignore button" still shows up and I am on FCC afterwards!

Updated and done 2 batteries with wifi. All good. Not tried gesture mode.

Definite improvements on range, easily flew out to 200+ metres this afternoon!

And on a side note, I think OTG might have been disabled?

Last edited:
Reactions: DPK
Problem with update. Updated Spark, RC, and one battery via wifi. Rebooted Spark, worked fine. Insert 2 additional batteries and got this warning, "Cannot take off. (Error code 129). Contact DJI support." Not the usual "inconsistent firmware" when you then update. Any suggestions? Status lights on the Spark are normal (slow blinking green rear, solid red in front). Just won't fire up with either of these 2 batteries.

Reactions: weiss.hank
disabling your drone in 10 days time if you do not update!
Makes it sound like you work for DJI.
If you are running an older version and aren't connected to internet when you fly (airplane mode on your tablet) the Spark will continue to fly. I don't have automatic updates on my Apps or the OS on my Android. They have to have something in your firmware already to be able to 'time-out' your operation ability. How many updates have been issued since the spark came out? My P3P flies just fine on old firmware, haven't updated since 1st time I got it nearly 2 years ago. Every time they came out with new firmware it would have new bugs, so people waited to see how bad it was before they updated.
If I'd known they were going to start doing this type of firmware upgrade, I'd never have bought one. I'll let you know if my Spark stops working...

Reactions: weiss.hank
Well, I updated everything.

Flight (s) with 2 batteries via Wi-fi w/ RC. OK.

Flight (s) with 2 batteries via OTG cable. OK.

Although I noticed the motors while idling before launch pulsating. Reving up and down like a (OMG, I read this somewhere here)... Muscle Car on the starting line getting ready to race ??

My flights were fine and I didn't notice any sounds that were questionable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers