Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Important update

Did anyone else get Unable to Fly, unknown error, contact DJI support? I connected back up to Assistant 2 thinking I'd do the update over to see if that fixed it, got a device FW mismatch error, let it do it's thing. Tried that battery, all was well, flew perfectly. So I figured since that battery wasn't the one on the AC when I updated, unknown error = battery needs updated. I did the same to every battery and they all now fly perfectly.

Since this update adds spark compatibility with the Goggles is their also an update to the Goggles via the DJI assistant?
Not yet :) Not sure what they did for the Goggles, I was able to use them before the update in place of the phone and they worked just fine. I'm assuming you still connect them via the usb port.

Did anyone else get Unable to Fly, unknown error, contact DJI support? I connected back up to Assistant 2 thinking I'd do the update over to see if that fixed it, got a device FW mismatch error, let it do it's thing. Tried that battery, all was well, flew perfectly. So I figured since that battery wasn't the one on the AC when I updated, unknown error = battery needs updated. I did the same to every battery and they all now fly perfectly.
Exact same here....

Reactions: mapwd1702
Just did the update and so far so good. I did a quick 5 min flight, no OTG cable and the picture was crisp and clear. Unlike the last time I used it with just wifi where the picture was grainy and not clear. Flew about 200-300 ft away at about 100 ft height and didn't experience any disconnects. It did tell me to disable any Bluetooth devices around me before the flight. Never saw that warning before but I did turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone and all was well. I've updated 2 batteries and waiting for a 3rd one to recharge. Will take it out for a more extensive test and report back to see if it's more stable.

So there's a Message to turn off Bluetooth? That leads me to believe that they admit to have been having some problems with flyaways and disconnects, due to Bluetooth, if they really want it off when you fly. Interesting…

So there's a Message to turn off Bluetooth? That leads me to believe that they admit to have been having some problems with flyaways and disconnects, due to Bluetooth, if they really want it off when you fly. Interesting…

I'll try to grab a screenshot the next time it comes up.

I updated mine today and 2 extra batteries.. was strange when updating the batteries - the first extra beeped the whole time but finished, the second extra no beeping but the drone shut down and restarted during the update.

Next - went to fly take a panorama of sunset - lots of compass calibration errors - same place I did it before the update now says interference. Finally calibrated where I would not think possible on my porch. Up about 50 meters switched to pano the big one 21 photos - went crazy looked up and the drone was taking off. hit the pause button and regained control. brought it down caught my breath. Launched again tried a pano right in front of me - worked no problem. Up again to 50 meters - now will not take a pano. Switched back to single shot - ok, all good signals - flew around few videos. Tried pano again - would not take a pano all three types - no. Back down under 10 meters - pano worked. Tried next battery pano worked low altitude but not high all same problem. All worked before the update today. Will try more in the morning - with OTG cable and without. Go to clearer area. Maybe was too windy today? Is windy here almost all the time (Costa Rica near beach).
Flew inside just to test - and was really unstable compared to before the update - crashed into my kitchen sink where before the update I took panos in my condo now not possible too unstable. Tried to find a way to go back to last firmware and could not find the firmware. Reminds me of Apple and forcing updates with no way to go back. I like the way it was flying before the update now it sucks! Attached image before the update.

ps iPhone 6s with controller first real drone - had a Parrot AR Drone before

Attachments

• 100_0014_20170816224453.jpg
    100_0014_20170816224453.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The dj go app is now updated......for iOS......

Problem with update. Updated Spark, RC, and one battery via wifi. Rebooted Spark, worked fine. Insert 2 additional batteries and got this warning, "Cannot take off. (Error code 129). Contact DJI support." Not the usual "inconsistent firmware" when you then update. Any suggestions? Status lights on the Spark are normal (slow blinking green rear, solid red in front). Just won't fire up with either of these 2 batteries.

I had the same, but you need to update the battery firmware too. After that the error is gone :)

Updating yesterday to the latest FW was a small nightmare. Wi-Fi connections during 5 battery updates was broken many times, had to reset Wi-fi with every battery, had to repair RC with Spark etc.etc. :(

Now everything is fine again...:)

Updating yesterday to the latest FW was a small nightmare. Wi-Fi connections during 5 battery updates was broken many times, had to reset Wi-fi with every battery, had to repair RC with Spark etc.etc. :(

Now everything is fine again...:)
DJI assistant is recommended to update what is possible this way (all except the RC).

I uses Apple software since 1986 but DJI Assistant looks so outdated. Evenno Sparkle auto update option etc. etc. I'm sorry, but I do avoid installing it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme