Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IOS 11 screen record function

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I did a couple of test flights and there may be a draw back to the screen record feature.

It doesn’t record audio completely.

It starts off fine, but as soon as the little lady says, "Home Point Has Been Updated" or “Take Off”, it mutes the recording through the whole flight until you close the Go4 app, and then it picks up the recording again until you stop the screen recording.

Is this a "lock" on the recorder so as not to record phone calls or something like that? (My mini4 is wi-fi only).

I think it also disables the audio record function in the Go4 app as well.

You may want to have a separate audio recorder if you want to narrate videos and screen record at the same time.

Last edited:
Interesting I wonder if a plug-in microphone would resolve this issue

I did another test this morning and found that if you turn the screen recorders microphone OFF, the Go4 mic works but only if selected and caching video, which is normal.

But get this, with the screen recorders mic OFF, it DOES record the little lady, and all the beeps associated with the flight (warnings, camera shutter, video, etc.).

I like the screen record feature.
It’s like a visual backup data file to have just in case you have a “fly away” and can’t retrieve the Spark.

May or may not hold up for a warranty issue but peace of mind will be okay too.

Last edited:
I did a couple of test flights and there may be a draw back to the screen record feature.

It doesn’t record audio completely.

It starts off fine, but as soon as the little lady says, "Home Point Has Been Updated" or “Take Off”, it mutes the recording through the whole flight until you close the Go4 app, and then it picks up the recording again until you stop the screen recording.

Is this a "lock" on the recorder so as not to record phone calls or something like that? (My mini4 is wi-fi only).

I think it also disables the audio record function in the Go4 app as well.

You may want to have a separate audio recorder if you want to narrate videos and screen record at the same time.

Just to confirm, you -are- able to record the screen of the DJ4 app?

Just to confirm, you -are- able to record the screen of the DJ4 app?

Yep. Whatever you see on the screen is what it records.

It saves the "screen" video to the camera roll.

Hi guys, lately cannot have any audio on my cached videos, any advice on that?

Sometimes a firmware update will reset everything. You might need to go into settings and turn it back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme