Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ipad mini - cracked screen with RC

Scobo

Join
Sep 19, 2017
Loc
UK
A word of caution when using an ipad mini with the RC.
I was out with my Spark this morning and didn't notice a crack in the corner of my ipad screen until I was back home.
I haven't dropped the ipad so I can only guess it must have cracked either when I fitted it to the RC or when removing it.
I've used it several times and always been careful fitting and removing it.
The ipad still works fine and the crack doesn't affect using it but I won't be using it with the RC for now.
I guess I'll be looking a for a suitable tablet bracket. :(

Interesting. You are the first I've heard of this happening. I've been using my Ipad Mini the same way in my Mavic controller (not exclusively like my Spark). I've not even seen this issue on the Mavic forums.

I've been using my Ipad Mini with my Mavic Controller and Spark Controller for sometime. No cracks after installing and removing the Ipad dozens and dozens of times. Maybe your Ipad screen was defective or weakend already and installing/removing it in the remote might have cracked it.

A word of caution when using an ipad mini with the RC.
I was out with my Spark this morning and didn't notice a crack in the corner of my ipad screen until I was back home.
I haven't dropped the ipad so I can only guess it must have cracked either when I fitted it to the RC or when removing it.
I've used it several times and always been careful fitting and removing it.
The ipad still works fine and the crack doesn't affect using it but I won't be using it with the RC for now.
I guess I'll be looking a for a suitable tablet bracket. :(

You could be right there.
I've had the ipad for a few years and it's possible it might have fallen on the floor at some point weakening the glass.

Does the Ipad mini fit straight into the RC mount without an adaptor. Just purchased an RC and have yet to try.

It does but it's a really tight fit.
You have to be really careful fitting it and not use too much force. As I just found out. :oops:
Reckon I'll go for something like this .... https://goo.gl/zHmqua
Looks like a better mounting position too.

How did you fit the iPad Mini in the Spark RC?
Just tried it but can't get it into the brackets..?

Attachments

• IMG_6597.JPG
    IMG_6597.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
I've been using this method to hold my Ipad Mini 4 since I got the Spark and well before that with my Mavic when I wanted a quick set-up. Its not that much stress on the Ipad. I strongly believe that DJI made so you cold use an Ipad Mini or equivalent.

It doesn't take much force at all. You need to open the arms and let the plastic flex a bit to fit the Ipad. Don't just jam it in and let the Ipad move the arms...

As I said in my earlier posts, dozens and dozens of flights doing this with ZERO problems....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar