Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IPAD no sim card, Android hot Spot. Cache map?

rekit

Join
Jan 6, 2019
Searching for a while. I don't have the option to "cache map in background" like all the videos show. Did DJI remove it or what? Help. I fly with a IOS tablet, have the RC, and have Android mobile hot spot. I have saved maps on the IPAD, but have to choose between wifi from the Spark or the hotspot. What am I missing? Thanks.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland rekit.

I may have to freshen it up at times but it seems to work on my mini4. It takes a few seconds before it loads up.

I'm not sure how long it stays in the cache memory but it does disappear sometimes.

If you use an OTG cable, you won't need the Spark WiFi to fly and this will free up the WiFi for the Android Hot Spot so that you can have a live map at the time of flight if caching a map doesn't work.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland rekit.

I may have to freshen it up at times but it seems to work on my mini4. It takes a few seconds before it loads up.

I'm not sure how long it stays in the cache memory but it does disappear sometimes.

If you use an OTG cable, you won't need the Spark WiFi to fly and this will free up the WiFi for the Android Hot Spot so that you can have a live map at the time of flight if caching a map doesn't work.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Thanks, I'll try that.

Oh boy, OTG search gets crazy quick....Two cables came with my Spark, neither seems to fit my 6th Gen Ipad. Looking for the latest greatest cable. It's the 10 or 11 inch Ipad so the cable needs to be longer than the stock ones too.Thanks.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena