Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ipad to fly

Arabak58

Join
Nov 18, 2018
If i want to use a tablet like ipad mini does it have to be the one with the cellular or just the wifi one to be able to see live map on the screen.

If you have an iPad with cellular service, it'll be able to connect to the Internet and download the map images while you're out flying. With a Wi-Fi only iPad, you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Cache the maps in DJI GO like this before you head out to fly
2) Connect your iPad to the hotspot on a mobile phone to share the Internet connection

An Ipad with cellular but without a sim card gives your Ipad GPS. This will show the position of the Ipad on the GO4 map. This is helpful if you have to use the "Find My Drone" feature.

An Ipad with cellular but without a sim card gives your Ipad GPS. This will show the position of the Ipad on the GO4 map. This is helpful if you have to use the "Find My Drone" feature.
So it is better to buy an ipad that has a sim card port and i gan use it without data or a sin card.

That's what I have but you may decide that spending the extra money for Ipad GPS is not worth it. I just like to have the most options available to me :)

I have been looking around for the Mini 4. The best I can find is $290 on Amazon. But question, Should I buy a 128 or 64 gig?
Thanks

I have been looking around for the Mini 4. The best I can find is $290 on Amazon. But question, Should I buy a 128 or 64 gig?
Thanks

Here's the iPad Mini 4 that I have used. At GameStop for $219. I just used for DJI stuff so 16GB plenty of room. But you can get higher capacity cheaply (see below).

If you plan to use your cell phone to supply data to iPad via tethering you must check with your carrier first. Even some high price plans don't include that feature -- you don't wanna be surprised with extra fees or need to switch plans for that.

Attachments

• 33394DB0-4BB7-4D76-9B37-89575AA8E760.jpeg
    33394DB0-4BB7-4D76-9B37-89575AA8E760.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks

I just read your post and was about to the suggest the mini5 listed above, but for what it's worth...
I have a mini4 Wifi only, 128g, and I have 92g of available space so the 64g should be plenty.
I've had it since July 2017.

I only use the mini for the Spark for flying, not editing.

I have been thinking about the mini5 because of the faster processor.

64GB is more than enough if you're just using it to fly your drone. I just listed an iPad Mini 5 in the classified section. It's way faster than the iPad Mini 4 and the video feed is flawless. Check it out iPad Mini 5

I’m really careful of buying from the forum. I got rip-off of a $340 purchase from a fraud, but got my money back from PayPal.
I’m interested in the Mini5. Where are you from?
John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502