Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is atti mode something to be scared of?

Hi,
It's this easy. Go slowly as there is a lot on information presented to you, but you will only make small changes to values. So, go slowly to not be overwhelmed
1) Delete DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.6 from your computer. If you don't have it installed, then don't worry about it.
2) Install DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 You can download it from this site https://flyflydrones.com/pages/download-links
3) Download Notepad ++ It's free, but be careful where you download it from. I downloaded my version from Notepad.com, or something like that.
4) Once installed access the V1.1.2 which is likely in
C:\program files (x86), DJI Product, DJI Assistant 2, App files, Main.js
(right click to select open with Notepad++)
5) Scroll down until you find the code \\mainwindow.webcontents.opendevtools() It may be on row 113, or very near that line. Remove the \\ characters at the front of the code, and save the change. Be sure you have saved the change. Close out the app, and go back into the program and review to be sure \\ is no longer in the code.
6) While still in C:\program files (x86), DJI Product, DJI Assistant 2 (Note: no longer in App files folder) right click and select Open, or Run as Administrator. Your computer may prompt you to accept the app making changes, and you select Yes.
7) With DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 open, look for >> in the upper right hand corner to the right of the word resources. click the >>. Then, click Local Storage, then File://
8) change the value in the field debug from 0 to 1, and then the field enable debug from false to true.
Note: to change these click on the 0, until only it is highlighted. Change the value and hit enter. Do the same to change false to true.
9) connect Spark via USB to your computer. An icon for Spark will appear. Click the icon. After clicking the icon a panel with a whole bunch of stuff will appear on the left side of DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2 Scroll down until you see the word parameters.
10) After selecting parameters, a whole lot of stuff will be visible to you. Be careful to not change anything that you don't understand what it does.
11) Look for the parameter g_config_control_control_mode[1] To make it easier, there is a search bar. copy the code on the left to the search bar. It will find the parameter for you. Before you change anything, select the + sign on the far right. Doing so will save the parameter as a 'favorite' for you.)
12) Change the default value (8), which is Sport mode to (3), which is attitude mode.
Your done!
Disconnect Spark from the computer, and close out the application DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2
When you go out to fly, find an open field. Start with Spark in GPS mode (Sport mode NOT switch on), I recommend that you raise the drone to a height that can not fly into anything. Then when you are ready, switch the sport mode switch to 'on'. Notice that the DJI GO 4 app will indicate that you are in Atti mode - highlighted in yellow
Play around with the mode. Notice that speed of Spark is greater than when in Sport mode. Also notice that the Yaw (left stick turning left or right) is much smoother in atti mode. Be aware that the braking of the Spark is MUCH slower.
To test out the in and out of mode ease, switch the Sport mode switch back to GPS mode. Notice that you are instantly back in GPS mode.
Good luck.
Remember that attitude mode can be risky, but treated with respect will give you a whole new perspective on drones.
If you decide that Atti mode is not for you, follow the instructions above to change back to Sport mode.
Finally, you are doing this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any problems this causes. This method works easily, and is done by many. go slowly so as to do it right, and you will be fine
Regards
Richard
Hacked assistan 2 is the first think to do with your spark in my opinion. But most people are based on electronics and factory set patameters for safety. This optionss are not for everyone but is one othe coolest things to experiment. I also read that changes will reflect on flight simulator but i havent try it yet. I saw a guy doinh barrels with sparky the other day whits was practiced in the simulator first.

I only experienced Atti mode once and it was because I was impatient and didn't wait for the Home Point.

I launched at 3 feet, drifted with the wind for about 20 feet and landed it. :eek:

I have a cheaper drone with no GPS that is good to practice with vs. wrapping aluminium foil on the back of the Spark to simulate Atti (so I've read).

If you do experience Atti-mode during flight, don't panic, you'll need to know the orientation quickly so you can counter act the wind and control it.

The best way is to look at the radar screen and look at the telemetry rather than looking at the Spark since it's so small. If the numbers get larger, it's going away from you. This is why it's good to have a spotter so you can concentrate on the flight screen.

Before each flight I check these two Apps available in the Stores.

View attachment 4642

Airmap shows the airspace around you and UAV forecast is a one stop shop for flight conditions in the area.

Make sure you have a good GPS count and Home Point before launch.
When you fly, insure the Spark can "see" the sky for constant GPS coverage.

Flying under bridges, tree canopies in the woods, through tunnels, deep canyons and tall buildings may momentarily break the signal and switch to Atti-mode.

Fly Safe.:)
Thanks for that Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers